Engine Stamp Corroded - Options?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bmouthboyo, Sep 1, 2018.

1. bmouthboyo Forum Member

Hi guys,

I have put an AGG engine from a MK3 GTI into my VW Transporter and would like to update my DVLA documents. Unfortunately no matter how much I cleaned up the area the engine stamp was corroded beyond recognition.

The engine was from a MK3 being broken and the seller no longer has the documents, I do know the reg however.

What options do I have? Ask for engine code of a scrap unit?

Thanks

2. Dougie Paid Member Paid Member

Hi,

If the engine has its original plastic cover for the timing belt, the engine code & number were once printed on it

I'd expect that the i.d system used at vw dealers would provide the original engine number, if the registration is still listed on it

3. bmouthboyo Forum Member

Hi Dougie, Unfortunately the cambelt cover sticker is worn so cannot make it out there either. Would I be able to be given the number from a VW dealer or would I need to prove car ownership, V5 etc? I have the registration of the donor car but the engine was sold to me only as he was stripping the car.