Exhaust Manifold p/n

Discussion in '16-valve' started by 77AudiFox, Mar 23, 2022.

1. 77AudiFox New Member

I'm rebuilding a 1.8 16v PL that came in a crate without a exhaust manifold. Does anyone know the p/n and possibly a location for one. I've looked on line but not sure by just looking at the pictures. There are many
    different choices.
    Thanks Tony

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

any mk2/3/passat/corrado 1.8 or 2.0 16v manifold will fit fine, the variations are for things like exhaust sniffer and without which doesnt matter either way. ideally I guess you need one if you have to run a cat, if not then you can get one without

downpipe same, again if you need a lambda probe it helps to get one from a car which had as standard but if not its easy enough to have a boss welded in

3. rubjonny

the above is if you're putting it in a mk2/3/corrado, if its going into a mk1 platform then a scirocco 16v one is what you need if you can source one with matching downpipe

4. 77AudiFox New Member

This 16v PL is going in a 77 Audi Fox that has the engine in line. The manifold will work but I have to
    make a custom pipe after that. It also came with no cat so no sensors required. The transmission
    is out of a 84 Audi 4000 with a 5 speed. Currently it has a 1.6L and a 4 speed. Now comes the question of
    carburetors. I wish to run side draft carbs. Any though in what type would fit this engine best? And is
    this the best place in the forum to ask Carby questions?
    I have found that the PL engine has smaller intake ports verses the KR.
    Thanks

5. rubjonny

right, maybe an audi 16v manifold would work better...

a good a place as any, but there are plenty of threads already discussing carbs. best thing to do is use google, but add 'site:clubgti.com' to the search term and it'll do a much better job of finding threads than the built in forum search :)

6. 77AudiFox New Member

Wow I didn't know Audi's came with a 16v. John can you provide with the years the Audi's
    that came with a 16v. And maybe the model. I'm the old school type making it difficult
    to keep up. :thumbup:

7. rubjonny

too many to list :lol: audi 80 and coupe I guess would be the most common over there, 86-94ish? engine code 6A, ACE which are equivalent to the 9A but sideways (or I guess straightways, its sideways in a golf :lol:)