Finally got photobucket!!! [:)]

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by 1981GOLFGTI, Jan 18, 2011.

1. 1981GOLFGTI Forum Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is how it is at the minute. I'm taking the engine out to clean & recondition every part so my engine bay will hopefully look like it's out of the factory. Plus I will be respraying the engine bay, roof & also the spare wheel well. Not sure whether to repaint it a new colour altogether :) For some reason I think some form of orange would look good?
    Oh & the chrome strips were done before me owning the car before you all start taking the pi55 lol, I want to replace the grill with one with red trim, & also get the front badges sorted

2. muppet9966 Forum Member

Looking good, keep it standard!

3. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

Don't spray it orange! LOL only joking, it's your car to do what you want with. It does look lovely as it is though :thumbup:

4. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Looks lovely as it is :thumbup:

5. G-adams

G-adams CGTI Regional Host - Bristol

it looks great as it is but it your car to do what you want

6. 1981GOLFGTI Forum Member

Thanks for your comments everyone, maybe the orange wasn't a good idea lol :) I'll just respray it black for now, as there are some areas on the windscreen pillar & roof rack/rain run off channel that need attention. I'll redo the spare wheel well and the surrounding floor at the same time :)

7. Admin Guest

looks very tidy

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

It's your car, and your money, but if you paint it anything other than standard you'll be spending money to lower the value of the car. Mk1s are proper classics now, and originality is the way forward, when you have a good one.

9. James W

James W Motorsport Moderator

Look very clean already :)

10. 1981GOLFGTI Forum Member

Yeah you're right, I only thought about painting it orange as a guy from my old neighborhood had an orange mk1 & it looked pretty nice, I've also seen some orange mk1s in PVW etc & again they look nice. The finish on my car isn't the best, but to the untrained eye it looks ok(my friends think it looks great till I tell them to get down & look up the paint surface at the swirl marks/orange peel etc), so I'm going to end up repainting it all to my standard. I just can't decide which standard mk1/gti colour I should paint it(maybe alpine white/Lhasa green?)

11. Mike_H Forum Addict

I'd paint it the colour it was when it left the factory.

Bristol Fish (RIP) had an orange Mk1, and it looked superb, but classics make more money if they're 'as factory'.