Finally, my dream VW. Mk.2 Golf, GTI 8V in alpine white

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Bostjan, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Bostjan New Member

Hello my fellow GTI owners.

My name is Bostjan, i am from Slovenia.
    I have been reading this forum for a long time, but just now i have joined. The reason is, that i have finally have the honor of owning a GTI.

It is a 1991, Mk.2 GTI, 8V, 82kw, 112hp in alpine white.
    And it is German (i do not know if you know, but they produced VW Golfs Mk.2 in Bosnia as well and most of this cars in my area are in fact Bosnian... I searched for a German one for a long time. And the wait has paid off).

It has 3 doors, a sun roof, central locking system, servo, electrical windows, MFA computer. Besides the back exhaust end it is in original state all the way. I am on the hunt for the original one because i am a nut for originality of this German gems. I will also be replacing the last bumper, because it has some minor damages and that is about it. Then it is just about keeping it in the best state and original.
    And of course enjoying driving it. It will not be a show car, it was made for driving and driven will it be.

For start, just a few photos... Hope you do not mind, but I (actually my girlfriend, i have to be honest) was unable to make any more, because the weather in Slovenia was crazy and i just do now want to do it injustice with bad photos...

Will be posting some more as improvements and the set goals are met.

Thank you very much and i must say i feel a part of one really big family :thumbup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dave, Jommanjo, Toyotec and 2 others like this.
  2. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Looks nice :thumbup:

3. Rooster

Rooster Paid Member Paid Member

Good find, the alpine white looks great in the snow

4. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

welcome mate ..nice wee golf :thumbup:

5. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Tidy little motor sweet :thumbup:

6. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Very very nice!!! Those photos are great and we all look forward to some more :thumbup:

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Looks nice. Is the front bumper original though?

8. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Not often we see an unmolested MK2 big bumper with uncurbed Estorils :thumbup:

Thanks for joining up.

9. Bostjan New Member

Thank you for a very nice welcome.
    Yes, the front bumper is original.
    The alpine white color has always been my favorite when it came to Mk.2 GTI so i am really happy.
    I do not know why, but most people in my area usually consider it unattractive so GTI`s in this color are rare.

10. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Does the GTI not come with fog lights over there then? Or a twin lamp grille?

11. Bostjan New Member

I bought the car from the son of the first owner, and as far as i know it was bought like this new, the only modification was the exhaust that will be replaced with the original as soon as the winters says goodbye [:D]
    I asked the father about the fog lights, he told me he never ordered it in the factory. The car was ordered preset with the switch and the wiring but that is it...

12. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I'd imagine the front bumper and grille have been replaced at some stage. Maybe a minor front end shunt.

But I don't know what the factory options were in your neck of the woods it could be original but just seems strange. Fog lights were standard on all big bumper 90 spec GTIs over here. So were the 4 lamp driving grille.

13. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

We could find out what the car came with originally if the chassis number is sent to me via PM :thumbup:

Richard Mk2 likes this.
  14. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

That looks great, very clean. I do like a white MK2. Are you keeping the single light grille at the front or going to twin light (with the spotlights)?

15. Jommanjo Forum Member

I like a clean white Mk2, would love one for the road. Must be clean though!

Nice car. :thumbup: Needs the 4 lamp grille! ;)

Welcome.

16. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Very nice and original. A 4 lamp GTI grille would finish it off nicely. ;)

17. Bostjan New Member

Hello guys
    Thank you for all the nice comments.
    Toyotec, i will send you the number as soon as i get better. I am very sick, and i am not at home (i let my girlfriend take care of me, hehe - Thank you darling.)
    I did not yet think about changing the grill, i personally like it for now like it is...
    Talk to you soon.

18. spookysweet New Member

Nice motor... got a white 8v myself... pearl though. And don't listen to Richard MK2!!! Single light grill all the way!!!

Richard Mk2 likes this.
  19. Bostjan New Member

Hello friends.
    I am turning to you in hope you can help...
    Yesterday i was cleaning my Golf, any i noticed that the right side skirt looks odd. I checked it and i noticed that if you grab in in the middle and pull it, it gains for about 2 cm... On the left side it does not.
    I am sure that there is something wrong with the attachment... Would any of you maybe have some photo material or a video, on how to properly instal the side skirt with all the components. I do not want it to come lose and it bothers me a lot - it does not detract from the good look or anything, but it bothers me if i know that something is not as it should be...

20. Bostjan New Member

Checking in.
    After a good look under the car, and after a good amount of time on this forum (Richard Mk.2, thank you for your posts :thumbup:), i finally put two and two together.
    I now know how the side skirts go on and what will i have to do to get it to be like it should be. I I do not want to drill out the two rivets on either side of the skirt, because they are original, so i will just use some strong adhesive for now...
    Thank you