Front seats the same as mk1 gti

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by Markdavid, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Markdavid New Member

Hi everyone
    I was just wondering if anybody knows if there is a vw seat the same as the mk1 golf gti. I am struggling to get a drivers seat. I have been looking and bidding on a few for years. I could get the new seat trimmed the same as the gti.
    Many thanks

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Mk2, and Scirocco. Mk2 has a different seat belt buckle though.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

note anythign newer than 84 has slide handle on the wrong side. can be easy or fiddly to swap depending what seat you end up with.

mk2 golf, scirocco, corrado, mk2/mk2f polo, mk1 cabrio all swap, scirocco, corrado and polo all sit lower. also note with fixed height polo seats they dont fit as the rear leg is the wrong angle, the height adjust seats are fine as the slider bit pivots. as Tristan mentioned the buckles changed sometime after 84 as well, you can either swap early buckle to the late seat or use late cabrio front seatbelts to match late buckle

4. Markdavid New Member

Thanks for help. Just going to keep polo gt seats that are already in there. How much cloth to recover front seats in stripe gti material. Thanks again