Fuel Flap Noise When Locking

Discussion in 'Mk7' started by steveb, Jan 28, 2018.

1. steveb Paid Member Paid Member

My 2015 MK 7 GTI which I have owned from new has started making a peculiar loud buzzing noise from the fuel filler flap when locking the car.
    It doesnt do it every time, but the it is getting to be more frequent. Just wondered if any one elise had experienced this problem ??
    As my car will be three years old in March, and obviously the warranty will expire, I would like to get it sorted before this happens.
    I have it booked in for its third service the last week in February, at my local VW dealer who I always use, Kings Lynn Volkswagen.
    I would appreciate any comments if anyone has come across this before.
    Thanks.

2. steveb Paid Member Paid Member

Got the problem sorted today when the car was serviced, it was the solenoid which was replaced under warranty.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

good news it was all sorted under warranty, did you ever get that other starter run on type noise fixed in the end?

4. steveb Paid Member Paid Member

Hi,
    No the noise is still there although I have become used to it and take no notice anymore. It seems to be a characteristic of the MK 7, and mainly when starting from cold. We started all the GTIs that they had in stock and they all made the same noise. The service manager said that it was due to an actuator ?? Have any other MK 7 owners encountered this noise out of interest ?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  5. BEV

Bev New Member

Not sure I like the fuel cap situation