Fuel Pump Whining - Part No - Lift pump & Main pump - PB digifant engine

Discussion in '8-valve' started by blu-tak, May 5, 2021.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah get the VDO pump off ebay, its a good price and filter is included. should last another 25 years or so ;)

blu-tak likes this.
  2. blu-tak Forum Member

Photo update.
    VDO pump arrived - now branded as Continental
    The supplied new strainer was a different design to the original, hence I had to stick to original to use exiting rubber bands.
    The only thing I had that would clean the existing strainer was 2k thinners whereas: white spirit, petrol, washing up liquid, brake cleaner all wouldn't.

4B0919313 is exactly the right part number for new top rubber. I found I needed to fit it to tank first, then slide the pump through it.
    If you try to fit pump with rubber attached to, there is too much friction, see last photo.

All is fitted and problem solved! :) so thanks to everyone for advice.

Old (rhs) v New (lhs) note oem is defo VDO (357 906 092 C) bought ebay driven2automotive £50 (OEM NEW GENUINE VDO FUEL PUMP SEAT IBIZA TOLEDO VW CORRADO GOLF MK2 PASSAT POLO | eBay)
    [​IMG]

New strainer wasn't going to work (even though it is VDO/Conti)
    [​IMG]

Old clip needed cutting - I need some nice high power cutters like this (NWS 138-69-200 - Corte Diagonal Fantastic plus: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike)
    [​IMG]

New v Old rubber 4B0919133 New genuine part | Deutsche Parts (deutsche-parts.co.uk) sold for £4.79 posted. How good is that!
    [​IMG]

All back together - note new 11-16mm stainless jubilee - that was a pain to get rubber pipe over new VDO pump - very tight.

I would advise not fitting lift pump back as this image, but put the top rubber (4B0919313) in tank first, then slide rest of lift pump through.
    [​IMG]