Fuel Sender Q’s

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by turbospoke, Apr 7, 2020.

1. turbospoke New Member

I just pulled the fuel sender from an 87 GTI 16v, part number 191 919 051 E. The in tank pump was connected to the assembly with a short stub of hose that has disintegrated. Now, I’m looking to get this back together but I feel I’m missing something...how do I get the pump to connect to the fuel sender assembly? It appears that a piece of hose can slide into the female part of the assembly and then other end clamp to pump...but how do I secure the hose to the female part of the assembly? I’m at a loss here...found several other photos of newer assemblies and few of the 3 pin type E...and all the photos of type E are missing the pump and the connection to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated...pictures, descriptions, etc.

All I can think to do is use some fuel resistant RTV sealant to secure a small stub of hose to bottom assembly and the clamp to pump...but fuel resistant in a fuel bath doesn’t seem like a good option.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the stubby hose is also a reducer thats the trouble, part number 357919133 then its secured with a couple hose clamps N 10098001 and n 10083401/N 10196901. the 2 clamps are available but the hose is NLA but might be able to get away with normal fusel hose slightly undersize one end and oversize the other

3. turbospoke New Member

Thank you. I’ll do some sourcing.