Golf mk3 dash into golf mk2

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Martasek, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Martasek New Member

Hello guys, first of all thanks for registering, i own couple of vw’s golf mk2 GTD, mk4, mk7.1GTD and Transporter T6 ABT.

Now to my problem.. i sucsesfully swap and install mk3 dash into my golf i ran into a bit of a problem.. i am using clusters from mk3 1.9TDI on my mk2 1.6TD
    I got everything hooked up, and everything works except tachometer.. i heard that mk3 cluster is running on signal from ECU but mk2 from alternator.. when i start up the engine RPM goes all the way to the 5500RPM when idling..
    Does anyone solved this problem? Do i just need to use some potentiometer to keep that needle down? Thanks a lot :)
    My cluster:

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

3. Martasek New Member

I was looking on that but it looks like i can’t order one anymore :/ any solution? I texted them and it was discontinued in 2019 and has been replaced with SGI-100BT will it work the same?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

looking at the manual yes it accepts tach input from a diesel alternator pin W :)