HEADLINING AND TRIM ISSUES

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Pootz, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Pootz Paid Member Paid Member

Can anyone help with my interior light and sunroof winder surround please.

I'm not sure what I need as I have a hole in the centre of the roof in line with the B pillars with wires poking through for the light and also need a surround for round the sunroof winder but the only one I can find that looks like it'll fit has a space for a light in it.
    Do I have a rare mk2 golf with 2 lights pmsl.......on a serious note, it's doing my head in as this is all that's stopping me from finishing the interior off.

It's a 1.8 GL auto and I'm assuming it's had the roof lining changed at some point as it's black

The pics are
    1, the winder without the surround
    2, the hole in the centre of the roof with wires poking out
    3, the only sunroof winder surround I can see that I think will fit due to the size

Thanks in advance 20181019_161728.jpg 20181019_161728.jpg 20181019_161738.jpg Screenshot_20181019-213103_eBay.jpg

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the problem is your sunroof is not standard, as its glass. the one you have is pretty rare though, as it seems to work with what looks like a standard scirocco tilt+slide type winder head and handle...

the plug is the right shape for an original roof light so it would plug into the mk2 light there, but the surround probably wouldnt fit directly. For the oem trim the front has 2 hooks which slip into the headliner and the back clips into 2 holes in the original sunroof frame. I doubt it will go direct, but hopefully you can figure something out. never know the roof you have might be designed to work with oem parts...

the headliner definitely isnt standard either

3. Pootz Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers.
    I've managed to get hold of a surround for the sunroof winder with the gap for the light which I'm planning on fitting by trimming the roof lining to the right shape and size.
    Although the surround has a light fitted I'm going to put a removable plate over the hole for now and fit a light in the centre of the roof as that's where the wires are.
    This will suffice until I can afford to get the roof lining re trimmed, at which point I'll fibreglass over the hole in the centre and extend the wires to the front on the car.
    It seems like the only logical way to do it at the moment without it looking too messy.
    I just need to find some material to cover the trim in now as it's the grey / cream one that I've acquired....but it was free