Help identify this mount - 16v rear (pic)

Discussion in '16-valve' started by MJA, Mar 31, 2022.

1. MJA

MJA Paid Member Paid Member

Hi,

Just dipping back to why the throttle body side of my ABF engine appears to sit too high (touches bonnet and bonnet already adjusted adjar that side). It's the KR manifold on the car.

I was reading the "abf in a mk2" sticky and some threads that say the mk2 rear mount should be used over the mk3. I can't see where the part number is on this mount so wondering if it is a mk3 and the reason for my problem?

Also what is the rusty part I have circled in blue - is it part of the mount or subframe? The subframe on this car is new and I thought it should be part of the subframe? Also the red part I have circled is a bracket off of the subframe but the rusty bit appears to just sit against the bracket - no bolts through it I can see from the wheel arch side - does sound right?

Engine mount.PNG Mount2.jpg

2. MJA

The reason I ask about that rusty piece is that mount looks nothing like what the 7zap guide shows?

7zap.PNG

3. Vinnie Paid Member Paid Member

4. MJA

Thanks Vinnie, ah yeah i see it now that's what I have and the bolt is from the subframe, near the bolt that bolts into the chassis leg.

Looks like I've bought something wrong, planned to refresh all engine mounts

20220331_151634.jpg

Vinnie likes this.
  5. Vinnie Paid Member Paid Member

6. davidut5 Forum Member

You have two gearbox side mounts there(one hydraulic, one not) and the front one. You are missing the engine side mount.

7. MJA

Cheers David, I've got the missing one on it's way however I think what this car really needs is a Mk3 subframe to make the ABF engine with KJet manifold sit slightly lower and avoid fowling of the bonnet (which is already adjusted upwards out of line of the wing and scuttle in the drivers corner)