Help me identify this Mk2 Golf Front Engine Mount

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by richgit, Mar 18, 2013.

1. richgit Forum Junkie

Hi all,

Need help identifying what this is from. It's the front engine mount I used it when doing my 20vt conversion in the mk2. Is it a standard part or has it been modified?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

thats not standard, looks liek its a good job though! cant help you any more than that. im sure there was another thread with same mount in with more infos, will try to dig it out

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Richgit,

Both myself and Dipesh from Yaash run these mounts on our vehicles i.e. Dips on his Rallye 16vG60 and myself on the WOLF R.
    Our mounts were originally purchased from a chap in Ireland ( who no longer makes them) back in 2000 after trying and breaking many stock and solid variations. I believe they are now manufactured by HRP on here. The design of this mount means NVH stays as STD with a significant improvement in durability without the cost of a Vibratechnics unit during harsh gear shifts or torque deltas. I rate them highly.

4. richgit Forum Junkie

NVH?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise,_vibration,_and_harshness I assume