Help me out?

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Kroney, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Kroney Forum Member

So I've been putting in some component speakers in my Golf. Somehow, along the way, my beloved old Pioneer DEH-77MP gave up the ghost. So I'm looking for a replacement. I've had the 77 for years and years. I'm utterly out of the loop as far as head units go. Ideally I'd like to avoid an amp; I know, I know, more power, cleaner sound etc. The problem is, I'm only just putting my car back together and I really can't be arsed tearing it all apart again. Besides which, I don't really need the stereo to be hugely loud as the mrs just drowns it out with her nattering regardless.

Something that isn't some part-time flashy ******* nightclub light system would be excellent. Something approaching the 77's 27 watt RMS would be even better. I've had a look on caraudiosecurity and caraudiodirect and the stuff there just leaves me cold.

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

What about a secondhand Nakamichi CD400? Great wee unit.

3. Kroney Forum Member

Yeah, I've heard of that. I was rather hoping for something a bit more modern, with Bluetooth and so on.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Do you have a budget in mind? A decent Alpine would do the trick if you want bluetooth or another Pioneer.

5. Kroney Forum Member

I had a bloody good look around and just couldn't find anything that did all I wanted. I ended up finding a new Blaupunkt Valencia MP36 for under a hundred quid, though.

No fancy connectivity, but it's got an aux port on the back for a 3.5mil jack and some pre-outs etc.

6. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Aftermarket ice has gone right down the pan :thumbd: as factory fitted stuff is generally very good now a days :o
    I've got 1000's worth of old ice brand new in boxes in my attic as couldn't be bothered fitting to my cars [:s]
    My a6 has the full on Bose surround sound system which sounds great on everything up to very load prodigy lol
    And I can only listen to that loud when family not in the car with me which is hardly ever lol
    My mate use to work for Sony in car but they finished all there in car reps years ago as the market for aftermarket ice had shrunk so much [:s]
    I got a nice Sony black front off him which I used for a few years till it stopped working properly [8(]
    And I can't stand the latest styles of radios lol
    Hope you're happy with your purchase :thumbup: