Help pls!high lift valve springs for 20v agu needed

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by Hotdub16v, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Hotdub16v New Member

High im looking for very high lift 20v agu valve springs,cam spec exh.12.8mm lift &inl.12.2mm lift.eurospec have a listing on some springs wich shows coil bind at 15mm,but i have to work through a dealer here in s.a. Also heard cat cams have some thing that might work,but not having any luck with either.any help or advise would be highly apreciated.thanks Bill... Salmaan Francis, Cape Town. South Africa

2. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

hmmm
    I need to ask for you.

with those lifts they must be solid lifter cams>?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  3. badger5

Supertech:
    CatCams say there's are fine for this lift, but dont say what the max lift is, so I have asked again. see how it compares to supertechs and their safety margin

4. Hotdub16v New Member

Thanks for the reply and for looking.we have tried some springs supposedly from cat cams,the intakes worked fine,but the exhaust will def bind.

5. Hotdub16v New Member

O also the cams is solid lift,same as what vw motorsport use here on there a7 rally cars.the head need to be machined for the lobes too clear.i really dont want too take any chances with springs as this engine will rev high.if u need any info or if u can supply with springs that will work u can mail me at gtcinsa@gmail.com. Regards

6. badger5

have you tried rosten?