High Emissions G60

Discussion in '8-valve' started by 2011golfgti, May 20, 2019.

1. 2011golfgti Paid Member Paid Member

I put a G60 engine 1h block out of a Rallye Golf into my mk2 golf 8v. I have a high lift cam piper (G60285h) and a superchip and a 4 branch sprinter manifold, but my car is running at 6.75 emissions but should be under 3 to pass the NCT/MOT, I have a lambda sensor that I bought and I don't think it is the correct one, the part number of it is 037906265b. What can I do to lower the emissions to pass the NCT/MOT and what is the correct lambda sensor I should use?

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Does it still have the CO adjuster on it? Iirc it's a square unit with a screw on it, 2 or 3 wire plug.

3. 2011golfgti Paid Member Paid Member

It does ya, it has the switch on the pipe going into the intercooler that you adjust, disconnect the blue sensor wire on the front of the block and then disconnect the breather pipe and then accelerate it up to 3000-4500 rpm and then goes into slip mode and then adjust the co2 screw in the switch, it does help but not enough , im after discovering I do have the wrong lambda sensor hopefully changing it will do the trick.