Hole in oil pipe

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by Jamesgillies, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Jamesgillies New Member

Hi there, i have just bought a mk 4 GTI 1998 1.8 non Turbo. I went to change the spare plugs and noticed a hole in a pipe( it comes forward of the oil filter point and connecte to it) and it has a small hole due to a cancerous touching the top of it.
    I tried to put a photo on but not sure how to. Is it easy to get a new pipe and will it do any harm when driving it, maybe a tiny loss of oil maybe.
    Thanks.

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

Welcome,

Photo ... do you have the `Insert Image`function in the `Toolbar` ... third from the right.

3. Jamesgillies New Member

Yes, i clicked on that and all it came up with was URL, and i didn't know how to add my photo to it.

4. jamesa Forum Junkie

Did it also have `from computer`, if so then select that and then go to `choose file` which will link to your files.

5. Jamesgillies New Member

Well i clicked on tge third iron from the right and it just had a space to type something, so didn't know how to get to my gallery of photos.

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

it might be an issue with flash, you need to click 'select files' button just below the box. there should a link bottom right of the little window for 'basic uploader' if the main one doesnt work?

If you're on an apple device they dont support flash I dont think thats the issue, you can always sign up to one of the free image hosts and point it to that instead. are there any part numbers visible on the pipe? it sounds to me like an oil breather