I need help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by afbiker02, Jun 21, 2022.

1. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

My wife’s 2014 sharan 2.0 TDI blue motion has lost all power. Originally it went into limp mode getting in the motorway, with the glow plug light flashing in the dash. I had this same issue in my mk6 gtd last year. I replaced the turbo waste gate actuator to fix my mk6 so that what my first thought was to fix the wife’s sharan. After getting the wrong part in the post twice, I went to VW, paid more than I wanted to but got the correct part. Changed the actuator and the problem was still there. Next I changed the turbo, thinking this was the cause after getting the code p0299, looking online that the probable cause was a faulty turbo. Well, that was last week the turbo was changed and the result was a massive exhaust leak from the down pipe/ diesel particle filter, a DPF fault and still no power. I ordered and changed the turbo pressure converter on Friday too. This morning my “mechanic” fixed the exhaust leak and we’re now we’re getting code p2563. I’m lossing my paitentce with this issue. I called vw to get it in for them to look at but they can’t see it until the 29th so I thought I ask you guys on here for ideas. Please I need some expert advice and help

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Blocked dpf?
    Did you check the differential pressures?

3. afbiker02

I did have a dpf light but it cleared driving home

4. afbiker02

How do you check differential pressures?

5. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

You can read it with the diagnostic machine.

afbiker02 likes this.
  6. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

I had the same problem on my 2008 octavia vrs tdi, drove it to my mate who worked at the dealers, he said it was the exhaust gas pressure sensor they changed, forced regeneration and then I got it back OK.

afbiker02 likes this.
  7. afbiker02

So after vw stealing £600 to tell me the DPF need replacing and quoting me £2900 for the job. I ordered a non genuine part for £400 and replaced it myself. Well, it didn’t fix it so back to my mechanic it went to find out the cat was blocked[xxx][xxx][xxx]so the cat was “cleaned” and power was restored but now I’m getting white/blue smoke and the ad blue notification keeps beeping at me. Do I need a cat and does it have to be like what was in there or can I put a generic cat on it?

8. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

My dpf on the leon kept regenning, so I had a "solution " on it, got warned off non genuine dpf a few years ago by my old mot tester ( on a qashqai) and he suggested to go the route I did as it sorts it for good, map altered to suit.
    Also on the leon when it did regen itself it would lose water as the egr got so hot, was a bit of a headscratcher problem.
    On my mates old caddy van his egr had an internal crack and it would give the impression of head gasket failed with the water loss and smoke.

afbiker02 likes this.
  9. afbiker02

I’m at a loss as to what to with it really. I’m tempted to just get rid of the thing but we need a 7 seater