Ibiza mk2 1.8t swap advice

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Noah, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Noah New Member

Hi all! I’m from Spain, Just got an mk2 1995 1.4 ibiza for free and a s3 8l for sale but i want to stay in the 1.8t world.
    I have research some engine swap info but still have some questions.
    My tuner told me the best way to go is the Me7.5 wideband ecu and drive by wire throttle, so the engines i have listed are AUM, APP, ARZ, AUQ, AJQ, AMK, BAM (last two discarted because priced)
    -1 question: Can i fit an (example) AUM Loom/ecu to a non dbw throttle or me7.5 engine like AGU?
    Regarding to the swap the Loom can be converted for my car by Vagtronicks (other recomended company?) or i will convert the loom myself with the forum help.
    -2 question: Gearbox. mk3 02a gearbox or a 02J mk4 gearbox?

For the moment i want to keep oem dash and clocks. Next mods will be k04 hybrid conversion, lsd, etc

Thanks for any advice!

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

The ibiza has CE2 fusebox, so this guide will work for you:
    https://clubgti.com/forums/index.ph...install-faq-now-with-added-dieselness.267196/

1. yes
    2. whatever suits your application, 02a and 02j are basically the same so no difference in terms of strength. the shifter differs but that will just unbolt and swap either way

ibiza clocks will work with 20v ecu just fine, no need to run adaptor for rev coutner and it already has electronic speedo etc

3. Noah New Member

Many thanks for your reply! Already answered all my questions :)

4. ivanro_jo Forum Member

All the engine you mentioned ar electornic throttle not wire throttle.

you are righ me7.5 with wb sensor is better that the olders, but all of them i am afraid are for electronic throttles.

I advise you using wiring loom from the same engine you will fit or at least from the same type of ecu and engine, i mean with vvt or without vvt and so on... other wise you chiptuner must to have deep knowledge about me7.5 for deleting all codewords that you will not use.

Fix wires from 1.8t to ce2 is quite easy so don´t worry, on the other hand i hope car will be a race project,in spain will be imposible to make legal that swap on that car for street driving.

5. Noah New Member

My mistake [|)] So the process to electronic throttle is seat conversion bracket and adapt the electronic throttle pedal?

Yes, i will try to find out an AUM engines (is the cheaper of these ones)

Nice! i'm going to follow the steps of the Rubjonny's guide. That swap in spain is possible sir, only need to find an oem exhaust (from downpipe), intercooler of the donnor car (only fwd 1.8t for exhaust fitment issues) and fit better brakes (ibiza cupra for example) and better suspension (or TÜV Aftermarket one)

6. ivanro_jo Forum Member

i mean becouse you are going to fit an engine with more than 30% of stock engine power ask your "homologador" first of all.

i told you that becouse i legaliced abf swap
    son mk2 vr6 swap on mk2 and some 1.8t ( aum and apy ) on mk2 here in spain.

Anyway i hope you could do it!

BR.

7. Noah New Member

Yes, few months ago when you exceeded 30% of the power you needed to do a Homologation project and improve chassis issues like suspension and brakes, but with the new legal rule you need to do a project in any type of engine swap, but after all you could do this swap (anyway i need to do a Homologation project because my stock power is 60bhp and the new power should be 150-180bhp)
    And Yes, i have already spoken to my “homologador” (He is my tuner too hahaha) and he told me to improve brakes and suspension while finding a complete oem exhaust. Cheers![:^:]