Idle control valve pipe

Discussion in 'Engines' started by CharlieBus, Apr 8, 2020.

1. CharlieBus Forum Member

Good afternoon all, it’s a long time since we have been here.
    As we are at home more than normal I’m trying to get our gti powered bay crew cab back out, it’s only been out twice in 5 years and one of them was to move house!

I’ve got the inlet manifold off and just noticed the ends are cracked and perished on the pipe that runs from the idle control valve to the inlet mainifold. I can’t seem to find them for sale anywhere can anyone point us in the right direction?
    We thought we had a standard pb code degiphant engine but the new inlet mainifold gasket wouldn’t fit but a G60 one does so wondering if we have a bitza engine

The part number on the right angle bit looks to be 101 623 037 133 but that’s a no go on google and bit of a guess as the clip has rubbed it
    Any help will be great fully recived image.jpg image.jpg

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

CharlieBus likes this.
  3. CharlieBus Forum Member

Cheers rubjonny. I will give them a try or find a aftermarket alternative, sure there will be some silicon bends on evil bay if all else fails.

I’ve got the mainifold back on with new gasket, now to get the snapped studs out of the exhaust mainifold to get the down pipe back on, it’s all a bit tight for space in the back of a bay

4. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Cool vehicle, hopefully you get it sorted.

5. CharlieBus Forum Member

I’m getting there, once he is out in the light we will get some pictures up. But at the min I’m sinking in confined space with the gas torch to get the studs out the exhaust down pipe flange I got them with the aid of heat and stud extractors once it’s cool I will get it back together

Attached Files:

6. christhanah274 New Member

Thanks for that,I will give it a try