Insurance renewal since 20vt

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by white_gti 8v, Jan 26, 2015.

1. white_gti 8v Forum Member

Hi guys my insurance is up for renewel in the next few weeks and just got my quote back from my current ins company of 195 fully comp but that's on a 1.8 8v Gti so I phoned them today with all the mods I've done and waiting to here back from them (1.8t apx 250 Bhp new paint interior, brakes,suspension etc )

So I thought I'd have a ring around and phoned footman James and listed all my mods and an agreed value of 5500 pending pics and an inspection

Same cover fully comp 321.96 ??

I'm 34 been driving 16 years with 12 yrs no claims on 3000 mile a yr restriction on a classic policy in a cr3 postcode

Is that what some you guys pay ????

2. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Did you tell Footman James you were a Club GTI member? Their quote seems good to me, an extra 125 for more cover on a car with over twice the power.

Do you think its good or were you expecting better?

3. white_gti 8v Forum Member

I'm feeling stingy with these insurance company lol

I guess it's bit too bad but it's the first time I've issuers a modified car the proper way lol

Just spoke to green light and because it's been extensively modified they won't insure under a classic policy only a performance policy and the only difference is that if something gets damaged eg stainless exhaust the replace with like for like rather than a standard Vw exhaust something to bear in mind

But that quote was 329 ?

4. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Paul, have you tried Greenlight ?

I listed all my mods ( engine, wheels, brakes, suspension ect) and managed to get it down to 200 for the year! :thumbup:

5. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Another vote for Greenlight. My insurance is ridiculously low for what my car is. Just renewed for this year.

Richard Mk2 likes this.
  6. G60Dub

G60Dub Forum Member

Greenlight were excellent with me as well and to put it in perspective I've had nothing but extensive hassle for the previous two years trying to insure the Bora.

Think I'm something like 420 fully comp all mods declared with minimal excess and that figure includes full breakdown cover too. :thumbup:

7. white_gti 8v Forum Member

My greenlight insurance quote was 329 fully comp using my no claims of 12 yrs but I can't remember who insured me last time too get it because my current insurance company don't take that into account because the policy is a classic car policy and doesn't rack up any no claims bonus year on year and I've had the car insured with them for the last 2 years ??

Greenlight will want to see proof of no claims in order to give that price

I think I'll wait till tomorrow to see what my current insurer comes back with

8. carpmandaz1970 Forum Member

im paying 400 a yr fully comp and im 44yrs old but i have declared all the mods from 18inch rims interior changed exhaust suspension forge diverter the lot coz insurance companys will find the smallest way not to pay out the car im driving is a golf mk4 turbo engine code arz its only running 207bhp at the moment but im fitting a ko4 in the summer and front mount intercooler so will be more