JMR is go!

Discussion in 'JMRacing' started by mr hillclimber, Apr 19, 2011.

1. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

Its been a long time coming, but finally.... welcome to JMR... www.jmrclubsport.co.uk

I'd like to start off by saying a big thank you to the Club GTi team for creating this new section, and I hope I wont be alone here for too long.

Well, were do I start...

I've been dabbling with JMR for around ten years on and off... the odd engine for a friend, a twiddle on a carb etc.

The big turning point came when I started to hillclimb & sprint my MK1. The old bitsa engine I chucked together worked well straight out of the box, and along with some chassis tweeks it was the car to beat in its class between 2004-2007. In fact, the last time I looked most of the class records still stand.

After clinching the hard fought 2007 Southwest hillclimb championship outright, fellow competitiors realised is was'nt just a fluke or good luck and started asking for the same level of performance.

Personal issues have slowed progress up for a couple of years but I've kept my hand in and let JMR grow at a natural pace. The last 12 months has seen a fair step forward in workload, which brings us to the above website & product range.

In the website I think you'll find a bit of something for most needs. As you'll see it does have a club motorsport/trackday feel, but most products are suitable for road use... if you like your daily hardcore that is! :lol:

I'll try to keep the website as current as possible... all new product news and details will be there first.

As for this section... there are a few articles planned... many of which I've been holding on to so I could add them here, so that'll be entertaining. I'll do my best to flit in and out of here and the various other sections you find me in... but the more time I spend typing the less time I spend on JMR work, of which there's currently plenty to get on with.

This is still a part time venture for me, but the more it builds the more time I'll dedicate to it. There is an email link on the site, along with my phone number. I would advise txting or emailing prior to a phone call as I wont be able to hear it if I have a die grinder buzzing away or setting up an engine on the dyno... I can then get back to you asap... or leave me a heads up on here.

I'd like to finish (for now!...) by thanking all my current customers for having the faith to use my services & products to date, and I look forward to the challenges ahead.

All the best

Jason

2. tones61

tones61 Forum Member

great website and awesome work i have had off you recently and in the past,:thumbup:

im sure you will have great support and lots of business in the near future,:clap:

mr hillclimber has always been most helpful and forth coming with technical advice,

all the best,

tones :)

3. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

Not from Mitsubushi owners tho!... so get the MK2 back on the road! :lol:

Your too kind... the cheque's in the post... ;)

4. jamesa Forum Junkie

:thumbup: Good luck Jason :thumbup:

... and thanks to CGTI for providing the access / opportunity :clap:

5. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Thanks for all the useful head data you have supplied from your flow work.
    This infomation has been useful in modeling programs used in developement work.

Good luck with your venture Jason.

6. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Good luck Jason. I get this error trying to access from work:

LibMgr: FAILED LOADING COMPONENT TYPES!

But will try again from home in a while.

7. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

Thanks a lot chaps.

The website can't currently be viewed on smartphones, so maybe some works systems are the same... we'll work on that in the future. . .in the meantime save your Jmrclubsport fix until you get home! :lol:

8. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

Yr welcome... what have you used it for?... there will be more of that to come.

9. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Nice one Jason. :thumbup:
    Some interesting cars there on your customer list. [:D]

Gurds

10. madasafish100

madasafish100 Forum Member

Fair play Jason! your website is top notch and your products look ace, specially that gear stick/linkage which i am very interested in!! ( i have sent a message through your site email)

I wish you all the best and im sure i will be sending regular spurts of cash down south if you keep producing such quality kit.

Sam

11. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

Thanks Gurds... send me some details if you'd like to be included... pics/spec and I'll get it sorted.

12. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

Thanks alot Sam.... no doubt you will! :lol:

The linkage will be production ready very soon... the folded brackets reached my fabricator last week.. he's just got to jig one up and then knock a few up for stock.

I'm blown away at how well it works... proper snick snick... I should get to run the first one on the road within about ten days.

13. geordiegar Forum Member

Congratulations and good luck Jason, I'll be in touch about the sump soon mate. :thumbup:

14. mk2vivs Forum Member

I can vouch for his work and a top notch guy too!:clap:

15. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

Thanks chaps. .[:$]. . You should see me when my tea's late! :lol:

No probs at all geordie. .I've got good stock of the baffle and a couple of sumps & tray's left, but it's no probs to sort more when they go.

Manifold on the way to me Dave?

16. madasafish100

madasafish100 Forum Member

Any idea on an rrp for the gear linkage once you have had them made?

Also, does it still use the stock linkage parts at the gearbox end?

17. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

The plan is to keep it under 450. It's a complete new linkage system, lever with reverse lift coller mechanism & nylon knob (oh-err!), brackets, joints, pivots, rubber boots etc.

There are still a couple of items to finalise... 2 of the current rods are different and my man was considering a change of the bracket on the box rather than re-bush. Apart from that it's 98% production ready... the 1st one off the jig maybe ready for me to try on the road next week... subject to the bank holidays getting in the way.

18. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

WOW good luck Jason, looks like you have some tasty parts available..

19. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

Thanks very much... there's more to come as well... watch this space.

20. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Further to this, i cant get the navigation working on my Mac at home in either Safari or Firefox. [:^(]