K jet 5th Injector

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Rob Beddoe, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Rob Beddoe New Member

Hi can anyone help. I have a mk 2 golf K jet that the cold start injector will stay on when running. It is not stuck and will turn off when disconnected. It just seems that it is permanently got power going to it even when warm. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

2. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I think theres a thermotime switch that controls it somewhere on the engine.

3. Rob Beddoe New Member

Yes I have tested this and it seems to work ok, I just cannot understand why the injector has power all the time.

4. Lukeybabes Forum Member

It gets power from the starter signal wire (second pin on the starter) so maybe someone has connected this somewhere else

5. Joehough

Joehough Paid Member Paid Member

Has it always done it? Just thinking cos I have read on here about a mod that does just that to give a few more BHP

6. harryvr6 Forum Member

Isn't that the wur (warm up regulator) mod?

Sorry to cut in here btw, my mate is currently experiencing a hot start issue specifically concerning the 5th injector and or the thermo time switch (we think anyway!)
    Wiring isn't my thing but the legend that is rubjohny has suggested it could be wiring related, maybe your wiring is also worth a check over?

7. Joehough

Joehough Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah I read on here that stealth racing in Southam do the mod

8. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

make sure its got the right plug on it, chase the wires back if its had repair. they should be black or red/black and green/white. if they're red/white and brown, thats the WUR or AAV plug which is fed by fuel pump power

9. watercooled Forum Member

I believe the early turbo conversion done in the US used a controller to cycle the 5th injector under load/boost ,I can't see how it could stay open unless its wired that way as already mentioned.