Ko4 into Ko3

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by Chris P, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Chris P Forum Member

Hi
    Can you tell me how much you charge to uprate a Ko3s to Ko4 spec.I understand you do this on an exchange basis.Is the Ko4 part fully reconditioned?Can I get 280bhp out of this set up on an ARY code engine?Do I need to change injectors,manifolds,etc. or is it a straight swap other than a remap(running qpeng management)?
    Cheers.Chris

2. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

You will need a remap yes. more air needs mroe fuel..
    usually on me7 ecu's you upsize the maf tube to a TT/S3/Leon-r one and use the injectors from the Tt/S3 etc..
    As your on MBE I dont think you have maf(not a bad thing as they're unreliable) so remap to suit would be required yes.

If the rest of your setup is up to it (talking intercooling, induction, downpipe and exhaust) then yea 280bhp is a realistic number. the K04 internals are new, your old K03/3 has to be servicable for its housings. If they are cracked for example, then a new one will be required at additional cost.
    the turbo remanufacturer does this on a send in your old unit, they hybridise it and return it. They are doing several of these a week as its proving popular as a bolt on upgrade for >250bhp power levels, so they may well have one to exchange.

Base level for this is 635+vat for the turbo rework/hybrid process.

the appeal is it is bolt on so you retain std components.

regards
    bill

3. Chris P Forum Member

Thanks for info.The turbo is less than 30K miles so should be ok,Large new plate and bar intercooler,21/2" Powerflow exhaust system,stock throttle body,min.63mm pipework(some 70 or 76),stock exhaust manifold as far as I know.Should these cope?Cheers.Chris

4. badger5

is the exhaust turbo back? inc downpipe?
    stock exhaust manifold is small so wont flow as much as a larger bore type, but shoulod just about flow well enough.

5. Chris P Forum Member

Yes.Downpipe looks same dimensions.To change the manifold would add a fair bit price wise wouldn't it?
    Cheers.Chris

6. badger5

i would avoide the atp one as its a 'mare to fit, but there are other bigger bore ones out there for same type fitment.
    probably worth giving it a go with your std one and seeing how it goes... or if you are handy with a die grinder and have time, open up your existing one.