Looking @ this car for replacement of my Audi .

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by watercooled, Aug 17, 2022.

1. watercooled Forum Member

2009 Pirelli edition GTI DSG with around 180K kms (unsure @ this stage ) ,good service history and has been uprated to around 320 + hp with reflash and induction system and all that done proper as they say lol.
    Needs cosmetic bumper work front and rear and door scrapes on RH side repaired as it has been a big city town car in my country,which is no problem for me to sort.
    Has aftermarket wheels which is sad as original ones sold off ,has quality lowering kit but I can buy the car without those .
    Its my sons car and he needs to move it on so Dad may step in because even when they move out of home and away they always get my help , both off them are great and have really achieved excellent jobs in management.
    Was looking @ a R32 early this year but petrol has pretty much doubled since then in my country so could be a better option. !cid_image003_jpg@01D822BF.jpg
    Hoping to buy it for 8k nzd so what do you guys think ??.
    TIA

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  2. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

From what I’ve read I would be concerned at buying a DSG with 180k. Those boxes are expensive to replace and they don’t have the greatest rep. There is a reason manufacturers are going back to the good old torque converter. Just my opinion and I’m sure others will give theirs too.

3. watercooled Forum Member

Yep have heard that Phil,appears that is often caused by lack of services on these boxes and of course there is internal issues of these units also , just kinda "floating" this as an idea ,one to help my son out and the other is to enjoy it for a short time after doing cosmetics then moving it on for a small profit.
    I will report back with replies to questions I have sent to my son ,might move on based on that as I'am not 100% convinced till then.
    Any more comments would be helpful,cheers.

4. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

My standard edition 30 with 230hp used to scare me at full throttle from 3rd into 4th so dsg with that sort of power must be scary fast. Do it!

5. watercooled Forum Member

Yes you are correct Richard ,my son found after tuning and induction mods the car was getting very little traction under power,he quicky chewed up the tyres and found the only solution was to invest in expensive Pirelli's , he mentioned it made a lot of differance but very soon the engine mounts started to fail,the dogbone went first as they do.
    Anyway got a reply from him yesterday and he has desided to keep the car which I'am pleased about ,besides a few cosmetic issues its a very tidy car and because his last IT job was working from home the car done little km's since he bought it and is now @ 167K kms.