LWS Service.

Discussion in 'LWS Design' started by pascal77uk, Mar 20, 2016.

1. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Ive sent this company a few emails and no reply. I've phoned them on many occasions and no answer. I face booked messaged them on 5 occasions, they read my messages and ignore them.

WTF is going on.

I have loads of stuff I need to order and just need to discuss this with the staff as they ask you to do this for large orders on their website.

Cone on guys sort it out.

Your giving yourselves a bad reputation and I'm hearing the same from others.

2. G-adams

G-adams CGTI Regional Host - Bristol

I've put an order in for a mk1 fibreglass roof skin at the beginning of feb. I did had to ring them quite a few times before I managed to get though to them. Them last time I heard anything from them was the roof skin should be being shipped last Friday but I haven't heard anything since then.

pascal77uk likes this.
  3. harryvr6 Forum Member

Hi all, I have had dealings with this company in recent times, and can fully sympathise with the frustrations mentioned. Lws only seem to answer the phone to take your order. I did something really stupid when I ordered my sunroof delete panel, I payed for it upfront and used the 'friends and family' route via PayPal. When I then couldn't get hold of anyone from lws after two weeks of hearing nothing from them I started to worry. I couldn't afford to lose 200 quid but just couldn't get hold of anyone, when I did eventually manage to get hold of someone there he just said he didn't have a clue about anything etc... And I must admit it wasn't looking very good.

I did a bit of searching around and found another phone number: the little advert in the business section of this site (clubgti) has a different phone number for lws than on their website. I rang and spoke to a chap who said he used to work for lws, but didn't anymore because he got sick of the poor service. It turns out this chap, andrew is best friends with the owner of lws. He said he would try and sort out my order for me despite him having no involvement with them anymore. He was a top man and did indeed help me out no end, the order was completed and was sent out to me within a day or two of speaking to him.

I have since helped out a lad off edition38 too who had the same problem when dealing with lws, andrew may not thank me for mentioning his name but he certainly got results for us. I think they just take loads of orders, then lock themselves away, turn the phones off and just crack on with the manufacturing of the parts!

Hope this is of some help chaps?

Cheers harryvr6

pascal77uk and MUSHY 16V like this.
  4. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

thanks Harry

5. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I spoke to the chap recently based on another complaint on here.

Still trading.

I can point him to this thread.

Ed.

6. MUSHY 16V

Think that sounds like a plan Ed
    And by the looks of it this Andrew is the one who was our point of contact here

Harry was it the number in the banner above 07980 859857?

7. Toyotec

I have contacted Lewis from LWS to ask to have a look at this thread.

G-adams and MUSHY 16V like this.
  8. harryvr6 Forum Member

Hi, yes that's the number for Andrew, hopefully he will sort it out again!

Cheers, harryvr6.

9. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

It's amazing how there isn't a response from LWS

10. harryvr6 Forum Member

Very telling indeed, amazingly they managed to turn a tailgate and a bonnet around for evo magazine in super quick time, unless they already had them in stock!?

11. Toyotec

As a follow up, I did contact a Lewis on the 20th of March and he has 'seen' my message, which has a link to this post.

As I have had no comment after, I have asked him to please respond in this post.

That is the best I can do currently.

Eddie.

12. Andrew_LWSDesign Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Hi,

Thanks for alerting LWS to this thread, sadly the lack of comms has once again given the business a bad name which is a real shame and the quality of the products as always is unquestioned.

Lewis had a business partner that left a couple of months ago and has left a backlog that lewis is struggling to clear on his own but is nearly there.

As has been discussed here when lewis is working through a back log he just put his head down and works through which is not ideal for communications to say the least but he is making big in roads and almost cleared it all off....

Please bear with us again during this transition time. Lewis has asked me to help out a little again as there are simply not enough hours in the day.

Sorry if people have been left wondering what is happening but the products are still coming... just playing catchup a little...

G-adams likes this.
  13. MUSHY 16V

Thank you for your help in this matter and your response

14. Andrew_LWSDesign Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

pleasure... my number is also at the top on the banner here... I cannot always answer the phone right away but will always come back to you... feel free to use it if anyone is worried or wants to have a chat about parts etc... 07980 859857

G-adams and Toyotec like this.
  15. G-adams

Just to let you know that my roof skin turned up and they done a cracking job on it.:thumbup:

MUSHY 16V likes this.
  16. MUSHY 16V

thanks for keeping us updated

17. Sany1 New Member

I have the same problem with LWS. I have ordered for 4 weeks a complete carbon set for my MK1. I had Email contact with Lewis several times and I get always respones from him. But after payment, I didnt get any information. I have send lot of Email to Lewis, but no response. Knows anybody of you, if Lewis is working or is the company already closed and he is only earning money without sending parts.
    At the monent Im really mad, because I need the parts urgently and no response from LWS.

18. G-adams

I found the best way to contact lws was by ringing them on both number from there website most day till I got threw to them.

19. MUSHY 16V

Hi I'd phone Andrew's number 07980 859857 and see if he can help
    i know from other people Lewis tends to lock himself away making the parts and is not good at replying i'd say Andrew is your best contact for LWS

keep us posted on how you get on

20. Sany1 New Member

Hi

I have contacted Andrew and I got good feedback from him. He promised me to ship my parts till next week. Well see.

Ill keep you informed.

Thanks for supporting me