*major JMR announcement *

Discussion in 'JMRacing' started by mr hillclimber, Apr 1, 2012.

1. paulzuki New Member

Hello all,

I thinks it time I broke cover especially after Jasons warm welcome. My name is Paul Talbot and Jason and I are in process of getting JMR up and running. Progress is gaining pace and we hope to have a full functioning work shop in the next few weeks. In the meantime we have a number of engine builds and cylinder heads in progress, including a rally spec 16v and crossflow that should turn a few heads in the near future. We are also chuffed to be agents for Newman camshafts.

For my part I am a big car, motorsport and VW fan. Mechanical engineer by trade but spent a good few years on the spanners as Jason mentioned. To that end getting the 16v Mk1 JMR works car together is about to get started. We have big plans for the project including a full blown motor which Jason has been planning for a while now, that we hope will set bench mark power and torque levels in the class but also the all important reliability that JMR has already demonstrated. We will also be spinning the works cars around a track or two in the near future so will be happy to take anyone interested for a run.

Jason has mentioned we will be at GTi so we will look to bring our wears and those of a select few of our satisfied customers along so please come and see us, we'll be happy to chat and help you out in any way we can.

2. danster Forum Addict

Hi there Paul, it is great to see JMR making positive steps in committing to new larger premises, and increasing the personnel involved in the business.
    Best wishes to you all and hope things work out well in the future. :thumbup:

3. domma Forum Member

Jason,

Been off the seen for a while but stumbled across your business venture a short time ago. Really glade to hear your doing your passion for a going concern now, As so many guys on here have said before, your such an open source for knowledge. You have the personal & technical ability and with Paul addressing the business needs i hope you guys go from strenght to strenght.

Cheers Domma,

4. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

B'limmy dom! ...good to see ya back!!...and thanks for the kind words!

Yeah it's been a while coming, and with Paul on board it's been a massive help in moving forward. .his enthusiastic drive and planning experiance are a godsend. .and now he's blown the lid I better get the mechanical bits right! :lol:

Good to hear from ya dom...if you make it to inters hunt us down!

5. paulzuki New Member

Danny, Dom,

Thanks for your words of encouragement lads, really appreciate it. Make sure you swing by if your at GTi, as Jason says, be great to meet you and have chat![:d]

6. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Paul Talbot and Jason -- Good luck with your business and congrats for your achievements with your customer cars. Keep up the good work.

@Jason - We will talk again soon about that 16v head that i was asking info for a few months ago. I doubt you remember the conversation with all the work you have to do :lol: but anyway we will talk about that again for sure :thumbup:

7. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

Thanks alot bud....I "always" remember!...[:$] :lol:

Look forward to it.