Meeting girls online?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by G-Man, Sep 21, 2005.

1. G-Man Forum Junkie

Anyone done this? Some people swear by this and have met their wives online while others do it for swinging? [:D]

2. mothy Forum Member

prefer to meet them in bars & clubs meself..

3. superden Forum Addict

You cant actually meet people online ...

4. Miss Psyclodia

Miss Psyclodia Forum Junkie

I have met alot off ppl from online.
    My current fiance i met from myspace.
    elly met nick on here and are now married.

It does work.

5. G-Man Forum Junkie

Sorry, wrong term!

But how can you judge someone online without being shallow with how they look???? [:$]

6. mothy Forum Member

mate has done it for swinging & got results.. i havent met a bird in yrs - maybe i should try a different chit chat area :lol:

7. Aquablue Forum Member

I've met a few and still keep in touch with some. Some are not always like they say they are when you meet them in the flesh though! Some could also do with better manners, others are very shallow and particularly fussy (no wonder some are single!). The best thing to remember is to not try & take it too seriously and to try & meet them sooner rather than later!

Are you thing of trying this then G-Man?! What are you looking for?!

8. DarrenW Forum Junkie

I did. On a VW forum in fact (not this one)! The forum had a get-together party before Dubfreeze nearly two years ago, and we kind of hit it off straight away.

Fast forward to now, and it hasn't worked out - we split up over last weekend [8(] [:^(] It came from me, if something isn't 100% and isn't likely to be and I knew deep down that it was better to end it now than cause more pain for both of us in the future.

I don't regret it though! Cars are my main passion in life, and it was (and is) cool to share it with someone who also has an interest.

Funny, even though we didn't chat on MSN before we met, we got a "feel" for each other through what we'd say in threads and stuff. Sometimes it's a lot easier to get to know the "real" person without the distraction of being in a bar or club or whatever.

Depends what you're looking for really.

9. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

I met my current gilfriend the propper way, totaly pi$$ed up at uni!

although i have met one girl from a forum, but that didnt work out, possibly because i got back with my ex a week later [8(]

My mate used to use "chat" on his phone to meet women, if you want guarenteed sex with lonley women its pritty much guarrenteed, no mater whet you look like, he once met a girl, she didnt fancy him so he bent one in her mate instead!!

10. G-Man Forum Junkie

Well after being dumped and being tied down for over 4 and half years (and i'm only 20) i've basically never pulled anyone! [:$]

Simply looking for someone to help me move on from my ex, but nothing serious but someone really to have some fun. I don't simply want to swinger, but someone who is up for a laugh and nothing too serious! [:$]

Sounds like an advert already!

11. mark25 Forum Junkie

you are much better off just doing the things you like socially and seeing what turns up, rather than actively looking for a partner IMO.

12. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

Dude your only 20!! get your ass down the pub on teh weekend, you will meet someone!

13. G-Man Forum Junkie

[:D] yeah don't really wanna be sticking my neck out to find a bird to hang out with! Oh well, 5 more days till freshers week! [:D]

14. superden Forum Addict

The more you actively look, the more likely you are to end up with someone who really isnt what you want.

Just go out with your buddies, switch off and enjoy yourself.

Dont try and force it.

Like you say, freshers week soon ;)

Have fun ... dont think about it.

Women can smell fear/desperation anyway ...

... its not a good selling point.

:lol: ;)
    Edited by: superden

15. Aquablue Forum Member

It depends on where you go to meet them. On forums, you're not likely to have a pic at the beginning, but if you go on dating sites etc, then some will. Some might not have a picture, but have a good description which helps. Some you can search by people with pictures if you want as well. Also some say whether they are looking for a casual, serious or marriage-minded relationship!

16. G-Man Forum Junkie

I'll leave the scraps to the first year boys! :lol:

The more the merrier! [:$]
    Edited by: G-Man

17. Aquablue Forum Member

Well, it depends on your situation! G-Man will be ok, as he's mixing with loads of young single women away form home! -Lucky so & so! I'm in a different situation as most of my mates are in couples & settled down(& I dont see that much of them now!), some with kids as well! I live on my own and work in an office on my own, on a floor on my own! Also only 5 other peole work here who are all older, married & have children! So if I don't try & meet someone, then nothing will happen!!

18. superden Forum Addict

Theres a difference between making an effort and going out for some fun.

And going out with the single intention of meeting someone no matter what.

Women spot guys like that a mile off ... and the decent ones steer well clear.

The duff ones see - easy street.

The good ones see - desperation.

Neither of which are particularly attractive options for you ...

:)

19. G-Man Forum Junkie

Sounds silly but due to my lack of experience, how can you let a girl know you like her (get to know who she is) rather than (i want a one night stand)

Don't want the old 'nice guys finish last' but being too nice and not wanting to look sleezy!

Comeon guys (and girls)-hand me your tips and opinions of 'how to try and pull without looking sleezy/desparate'

To be honest, i i'm hardly the best looker but i know i have a strong personality once i get going.!

20. Rahul Forum Junkie

Out of interest Den, How did you meet your Mrs?