Megasquirt Newbie Questions - All the really dumb ones you were afraid to ask!

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Mike_H, Apr 27, 2010.

1. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I think i used a 5A. That should be ok. OE setup isn't fused so i added one in series.

2. alexisblades99 Forum Member

3. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Mike

do you have the wiring diagram for how for Ignition set up is wired for the Dizzy and TCI-H :thumbup:

Stripped all my loom back at the weekend to check all the soldered connections etc. forgot to do a diagram of how the Ignition was wired prior to re-sealing it all.

Toyotec if you read this , if you can post or email a diagram.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

The infomation is on post 69.
    I would leave it as the vehicle was working. Plus that part was made by me when the ECU visited the last time.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

^^What he said^^

That's what I did.

6. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Excellent cheers

The loom won't be touch now, just wanted it for my records :thumbup:

7. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

ok here i am again ;)

I sorted out the injector wiring today.thanks tshirt and toyotec.As for the coil i'm going to use a peugot wasted spark coil and i got today the connector of the coil from a scrapped peugot.There are 4 wires on it/4 colours(grey/orange/yellow and green).How should i connect these and where? My diagram shows only the wire from pin 24 connected to the -ve of the coil? I also connected the yellow wire of the ms loom which is the coolant as per the diagram to the left sensor of the side of the 16v head which is the one that sends the signal to the ecu and not to the mfa if i'm right? Also, can i totally remove the idle valve?

8. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Correction for coil : because i added the MOD_2357IGN2 for dual Bosch coil drivers since i'm gonna use wasted spark it says on the invoice i got for MS--> Bring outputs out on pin 36 for spark output A and pin 10 of the DB15 for spark output B.So, on pin 36 of the ecu i have a brown wire on the loom that needs to go on the coil.I have also 3 wires that were on the stock coil for +ve and 3 for -ve.And if i'm not mistaken a ground is needed on the coil.So if i connect the 3 wires for +ve and make 1 and the 3 of -ve and make 1 i have 2 wires that need to go on the coil as positive and negative.The third one is the one from pin 36 and the 4th is the ground.Am I correct? But how about that pin 10 of the DB15? Also, on the coil is not written which is the +ve, -ve etc..Can i connect the wires as i want and not in specific order or not?

correction for coolant temp sensor: the sensor i connected is the one on the right and not on the left

9. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Which is the main relay that is shown on the ms wiring diagram?

10. Mike_H Forum Addict

The diagrams are assuming that you're adding your own relay board. You could take ignition live feeds of the VW fusebox instead though. Relay 18 is the ignition relay on the Rocco Mk2 (and probably CE1 golfs too). I'm not sure what you're starting with though. The ignition lives are top right of my Rocco fuseboxes, top left are permanent lives. Best get the multimeter out to be sure.

11. bens_cab Forum Junkie

basicaly you have a coilpack wastedspark

spark output A pin 36 to coilpack plug
    spark output B pin 10? i think you said to coilpack plugs
    coilpack 12v swtiched feed from plug to a relay or fusebox
    on the coilpack plug should be a 4th wire black with little suppresor box this bolts to earth

the coilpack is a 4 pole one the closest to leads to the plug are 1 & 4 furthest two 3&4

so coilpack plug as follows

pin 1 spark A
    pin 2 Spark B
    pin 3 12v switched
    Pin 4 earth with suppressor it must have this suppressor box

12. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Thanks for your help ben, i appreciate it. DIYautotune told me to use pin 10 of the DB15 for spark output B but i really don't understand what they mean because i only have a DB37 and a DB9 on my ecu..What did you use for spark output B ?

13. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Your problem is you are using a different internal wiring config to the ones here in this thread. This is what I have been trying to stick to when building or helping in getting these units running...A standard format!
    It would seen you were instructed to add another D15 male output for your spark outputs. This is how I have been doing them using a RSA loom.

As Ben said Spark A ( by default) Pin 36.
    Spark B is used on one of the spare outputs. This is usually put on pin 6 or spare 4.
    To access spare 4 you need to first add extra support to the current track to stop it burning out when using an internal ignitor. This means lifting the MAP sensor. The output from the second IGBT can be inserted and soldered in the correspondin hole.
    Once the two outputs are secured, you will not need an additional D15 connector.

14. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

If i'm not mistaken, the suppressor is a capacitor.So what capacitor should i ask for?

15. Tomo IOW Forum Member

a capacitor stores and releases current.suppressors limited unwanted current/noise in the circuit. ie when u drive and here a wine on the radio,

16. bens_cab Forum Junkie

if you get the coilpack with plug it should still be attached ask for the plug and as much of the spark loom as you can

17. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Cheers for your replies

I don't like to use used things that's why i'm asking.Don't you know exactly what should i ask for when in an elecrical supplier store?

18. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Ben can you please correct the underlined part just to be sure not to make a stupid mistake? ;p

19. bens_cab Forum Junkie

the plug leads closest to the wiring plug that powers the coilpack ar 1&4 the furthest from the plug ar 2&3 lol my bad

20. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

heh cheers mate :thumbup: