Mk1 Jetta Engine Diagram

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by jonk710, Oct 24, 2016.

1. jonk710

jonk710 Forum Member

Before I bought the Jetta, there was a small engine fire which was caught early and put out, not before a few hoses got melted though! It's a 1.6 petrol.

Does anyone have an actual factory document or would like to share their knowledge of where the following lines are meant to go please?
    IMG_5652_zpsnlwjfrdi.jpg
    IMG_5904_zpsia1zqqam.jpg
    IMG_5855_zpstjvze9vc.jpg
    IMG_5903_zpswdbvp0cr.jpg

I have a photo (last photo) which shows the vacum line from the air inlet connected to the port where the clear line is, as far as I'm aware that is the right position as I bought the whole part as a replacement for the melted piece and the hose was connected there - so if this is correct, what is the right location of the clear line?
    The melted port on the left in photo 2 & 3, is this for the vacum line that comes from beside the bottom left of the dizzy shown in photo 1.

Not clear questions I know but hopefully someone knows what i'm on about?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the rear port on the airbox shoudl be connected to the carb somewhere, the frotn port is connected to the warm air flap unit on the end of the airbox inlet

the dizzy vacuum line shoudl connect to one of the nipples on the non-return valve in the chunky vacuum hose to the brake servo

jonk710 likes this.
  3. jonk710

jonk710 Forum Member

Thanks, so in picture 3 this clear hose will be removed and the vac line from the airbox will go there. What about where the clear hose connects on the bottom underneath?

4. rubjonny

yes, im not sure what the clear hose is connected to now, that might be the vacuum line for the rear port or it could be something else, do you know what carb that is? kinda looks a bit like a weber but a bit different

5. jonk710

jonk710 Forum Member

Not a clue what carb it is I'm afraid. Car is in storage now for winter so can't get to it just now to check.
    Thanks for the info so far.

6. rubjonny

it looks liek the fuel inlet pipe? but if the car is running then it cant be that :lol: