mk2 20vt default vcds

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by DavidFR, Aug 5, 2019.

1. DavidFR New Member

Hello everyone,
    I will need your help because I am really lost ..

The mk2 swap 20vt starts but when I put the contact normally I have to hear the gas pump which is initializing but the engine that launches anyway. Then once the engine heats up a little bit impossible to make it go again.
    At the engine level the only things that are not connected are the oil pressure switch, the oil temperature sensor and the oil pressure.
    When connecting the vcds I have several defects that came out:

- air recirculation valve for turbocharger (n249) break P1287
    -relais main (j271 or j363) electrical fault in the electrical circuit P1517
    -Transmitter coolant (g62) signal too high P0118

I do not really know what started to control or modified so that I can ride with, I really hope you can help me

2. DavidFR New Member

anyone who would have an idea ?? : (

3. Rubbadub New Member

Coolant temp sensor common fault on them to fail

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

clear the codes and see what comes back.

n249 might be because its been deleted, or a wire shorting out in the harness maybe. 2nd could be the way the ecu relay was wired for the conversion (if at all) I would also split the tape off the coilpack wiring as far towards the ecu as you can the insulation is often broken down. VW have made a repair kit for it the issue is so common.

last one could be bad sensor or short in the harness, if it was modified to use a mk3 sensor like I do them double check the pins were done properly as mk3 sensor isnt same pinout as later mk4.

some info here on coolant sensor, plus coilpack repair harness:
    https://clubgti.com/forums/index.ph...install-faq-now-with-added-dieselness.267196/

5. DavidFR New Member

Hello,

it may be possible that I got it wrong and that I have changed two taken I will see more ready, thank you again to you: D