MK2 2Ltr 8V ECU?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by mk2_pete, Nov 14, 2006.

1. mk2_pete Forum Member

hey guys just woundering if any 1 can help i was bored tonight so i looked through ebay for ways to make my mk2 quicker. I looked at chipping it 1 of the links i went on said something about only doing engins from 92 - 94 the chip clearly stated 2e so i thought my luck was in i kept the page up and removed my ecu from my car split it open to find no where to put a chip just a big silver box i tapped the ecu part number into etka and it brought up something that just said digifant my ecu sure enough says digifant on it but has df1 above it how do i chip my ecu or can i what is the big silver box any help would be great cheers

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

If the 2.0 engine is in a digifant Mk2 then the simplest route is to keep the Mk2 ECU and buy a chip for it. A few on here have bought BlitzChips ones from ebay, with reasonable results.

3. mk2_pete Forum Member

all the bits in the engine bay including ecu are from the mk3 will a 8v digifant ecu from a mk2 run my car if so ill just do tht and does any 1 know if you can chip the mk3 8v ecu or what the big silver box is for

4. mk2_pete Forum Member

still cant find out wheater the ecu the right 1

5. mk2_pete Forum Member

has any 1 got the part no for the 2e engines ecu

6. Mike_H Forum Addict

You don't want the ECU from the Mk3. If your Mk2 is an 8v GTI already, use whatever came with that.

You need to swap the cylinder head over too.

7. mk2_pete Forum Member

i have put all of bits i took out of the mk3 in as the mk2 was only a driver to start out with im just trying to find out if the mk3 had the right ecu and how easily i can chip it

8. siheinz Forum Member

there was some mk3 2e chips on ebay will pull my 2e ecu apart and have a look.

9. mk2_pete Forum Member

ok cheers any help or pics would be good