Mk2 8v & An Eaton charger - The Basics

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Cian, Feb 12, 2009.

1. ahmmaz11 New Member

Hellooooo.i have vw 2e engine on my 1991 mk2 and iam willing to install the eaton m62 on it . Ive already done with the bracket and the pully . Ordered for TT 286/272 cam shaft and 7500k cam version eprom chip(didnt recieve yet ) . 2" downpipe (hand made) deleted cat replaced with 2.5" pipe. Should get 0.6bar at least at 7200k . My question is how much hp gain should i get !?

2. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

At least 150hp!

Seriously how is anyone going to guess what Hp it will make? What are you doing about compression ratio?

You would be best to put it on an aftermarket Ecu ie DTA, Emerald, megasquirt and get it mapped properly to set it up

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

A 2E is rated 115 bhp@ 5500rpm. I certainly have testing them at just that and despite having a 10lbft increase over a 1.8, feel pretty gutless in a Mk3.

If you can gear your supercharger to deliver 0.6 bar ( ~ 9 psi) of manifold pressure, then I would suggest, power would increase to around 180 bhp @ 5800 rpm and maybe 190 bhp @ 6000 rpm with the cam.

This is all subject to correct custom mapping and not just slapping in some generic chip with a 7500 rpm rev limit.

Your 020 gearbox will also need to be looked at as well.

4. FiTekno New Member

Anyone has pictures of eaton installed to 2.0 8v golf or audi? would be nice to see brackets, belts etc.