Mk2 golf 16v wont start

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Lukejw90, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Lukejw90 New Member

Hi all, i have a mk2 driver that was converted to a 16v i have renewed nearly all parts except for injectors and lift pump, i had the engine running but now it wont start, it starts for a second and then cuts out, i have fuel to the injectors and have spark, every now and then it will randomly start, i dont think the metering head is setup correctly is there anywhere near leatherhead that i can take it? Thanks

2. VAG

VAG Forum Member

Definitely haven't got any air leaks from metering head to throttle body? I've had a WUR do the same thing to me but they usually start eventually.

3. Lukejw90 New Member

Not vaccum leaks that i can see, there is petrol on the dipstick so it must be running very rich, injectors possibly leaking or is it just where i keep turning it over? Would the engine start regardless of the metering head setup?

4. Lukejw90 New Member

Also i did have a small leak on the inlet would i need to bleed the air out?