Mk2 Golf Carbon Roof

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by taks, Nov 5, 2012.

1. skywalker38 Forum Member

thanks Andrew we have spoken on the phone yesterday about the doors as well as my friend doing the mk2 rallye he will contact you about it

2. priceygti Forum Member

most of these i have seen people cut the supports out with the roof then remove from the roof and reweld them back in to have the added support from them

3. thegave Forum Member

Do just the cross bars provide enough strength and support or do you really need a cage in order to cut out the roof?

The cross bars would also prevent the carbon from sagging, which I think it is prone to do eventually.

4. skywalker38 Forum Member

Why? you can leave the supports because the metal roofskin is easy to remove withouth cutting the supports also away,it will save you a lot of work o weld them back

5. G2T

G2T Forum Member

Where/when do we find out the juicy price info on the wings and tailgate?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  6. Mike_H Forum Addict

Suggest you post the question on LWS's evolving business section. They're not really supposed to start advertising their products and prices on general threads. No issue with the pics posted on here though. :thumbup:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  7. Mr Mul Forum Member

Whoohooo Just when Id give up hope for UK businesses to produce a carbon roof..
    I shall be putting in an order shortly :)

8. yossarian New Member

Resurrecting this thread because like Mr Mul, I had given up hope too. I have a Mk3 GTi track day car but it has a sunroof. I'm concerned about the result in the event of an incident, and have been looking for a solution that won't ruin the aesthetics of the car. (I.e. no pop riveted ally panels). I have pinged Andrew for a price and fitment and will report back on a separate thread.

Thanks for a great forum. I make a lot of use of this. I don't like making a habit of resurrecting old posts, and they are the ones I usually use.

Cheers

9. cheddarcheese New Member

Wrong a company requires money up front to do work to protect them from doing the work and not being paid by the customer but there is a special account you can get that protects the customer if the company has not started the work and then having problems like bankruptcy so stops them from using your money for running the business so until the jobs done and complete and in the customers hands the money is protected and any good company would want to protect there customers unless they don't give a **** like performance trim we have all watched cowboy builders right?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  10. Greig Forum Member

Hi skywalker, are you still able to.supply this front panel? Votex GRP replica?