Mk2 golf electric window motor upgrade

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by joe0088, Aug 25, 2012.

1. colmoneill New Member

Checked fuses again all good and thermo fuse is ok too..

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

ok you might have killed the driver lock motor, this could also affect the passenger door motor as I guess it might be slaved from it? Or maybe you have taken out the can-bus so nothing can talk to each other.

next step is plug vagcom in and connect to the CCM module, if all is well you should see the door motors show up if they're all talking to each other. Then you can check for codes, and scan thru all the measuring blocks to see the switch inputs the modules are all reporting

3. colmoneill New Member

Checked door motors they are ok. Im getting it on vagcom tomorrow hopefully ill know more then. Thanks

4. colmoneill New Member

I have rclick actuators wired to the mk4 loom door plug, whick worked pefect before i shorted something. There is no power feeding out to this plug pins 1 and 2. Checked with vagcom in central locking feed back, measuring blocks and it just says passenger and driver door lock "implausible". Nothing else showing up so once again at a dead end

5. rubjonny

if you're sure the wiring is good then it looks like you've popped something in the feed which tells the module the door lock position, if it doesnt know this then it cant cycle the locks.

you have 2 choices replace the module or wire the locks up to the boot motor feed

6. colmoneill New Member

I forgot to mention i got a replacement module and tryed that still the same working the boot lock and not the doors. I just swapped it out didnt get it programmed if that makes any difference

7. rubjonny

ok, got to be wiring or actuator issue. for lock position it can only be open or closed circuit, did you try with the actuators unplugged?

8. colmoneill New Member

I checked with just the drivers side unplugged. Ill unplug both this evening and check again