Mk2 swap 20vt fuel pump supply

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by DavidFR, Aug 22, 2019.

1. DavidFR New Member

Hello everyone : )

For you to better understand my problem, I will make you a little recipe.

I had recovered a wirring loom that passed through the fuse box ce1, the wiring loom was not very clean and tinkered. Knowing that the base for the swap is a mk2 of 89 I put an external gas pump, it worked well when I was the contact I heard the pump that initializes then when I started his tour nickel.

thereafter I decide to have something well done and I buy a wirring loom "plug and play" that goes through the fuse box ce2.

and that's when his complicates. of memory I connected the fuel pump like this, Y4 to 30B or Y3 to 30B and the + and the - of the gasoline pump on M01 and M02.
    but when I put the ignition I can not hear the pump is initializing but the engine it launches anyway and my gas pump only comes on at that moment.

how can I make my petrol pump initialize as it should?

Thank you for reading me :)

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

so car runs fine, you just dont hear the fuel pump prime on ignition? if you have a 67, 80 or 167 fuel relay in slot 12 then fuel wiring is fine, as these will only trigger if the ECU tells them to.

I believe some 20v ECU dont prime the pump on first turn of the key, what engine is it you have exactly?

3. DavidFR New Member

Le moteur est une application d'un audi tt mk1.
    the fact that I do not have a booster pump is not serious?
    Ce que je ne comprends pas, c’est pourquoi, avec la première version du métier à tisser à ondulation, j’ai entendu la pompe initialisée lorsque j’étais le contact et que, dans la nouvelle version du métier à tisser à tisser, cela ne me fait pas plus.
    Y aurait-il un raport avec le liquide de refroidissement? J'ai une ampoule de liquide de refroidissement clignotante constante.

4. rubjonny

the coolant light will be unrelated, possibly level sender wiring is missing or disconnected?

so the fuel pump used to run for a few seconds with ignition then stop with the old wiring loom? If so and nothing has changed but the wiring perhaps the wiring isnt quite right for the fuel pump. an audi TT DBW ecu should have a purple/white or purple/black wire from pin 65 to fusebox G1/3, this will then trigger a 67/80/167 fuel relay.

to test this connection out, if you unplug the ecu, switch ignition on then poke an earthed wire into ECU pin 65 the fuel pump should run

5. DavidFR New Member

hey! thank you for your clear and precise answer! On the old cabling we heard the pump that triggered a few seconds but not on the new pump that triggers that from the moment the engine mills to start. as for the cooling jar I plugged the plug but after 5/10 the LED flashes again.

6. rubjonny

Next post a picture of your fusebox :)

my feeling though, if the pump isnt stuck on with ignition but runs while cranking and engine starts the pump wiring is ok.

for level sender, try looping a wire between the 2 pins. check one of the pins has continuity to ground, both wires go to the fusebox C plug pin 5 and 8:
    https://clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/fusebox-faq.219775/

if shorting the level sender plug doesnt stop it try earthing pin C/8 at the fusebox direct

7. DavidFR New Member

hey hello, sorry for my long silence, I started a new job which does not leave as much time as before .. I would make photos during the weekend :)