MK3 Spring plate source

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by NateS2, Feb 21, 2020.

1. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

Does any know of a source of 1H0 412 341 early Mk3 spring disc? They're no longer on VW heritage, and the only place I can find that sells genuine ones is: https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/federteller-b6643d.html
    I'm okay with paying around £25 each for the plates however the shipping to England of 37 euro is a bit steep :/

Is the MK3 top mount conversion really that much better than G60? Or would the G60 ones be fine. This for a Golf MK2 GTi 8V.

Cheers

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I take it you've tried your local vw/seat dealers? they're still showing available for me.

but as long as you buy good quality parts such as lemforder G60 top mounts are perfectly fine for a mk2 gti :)

3. NateS2

I'll ring up again, is it showing as available at that specific dealership or in stock at the warehouse?

Ahh okay, noted. In your experience, is there any height difference between the two? :)

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

just on my computer :lol:
    I get price updates monthly so my copy is up to date, but if a part shows as available sometimes once you actually try to order through the dealers you may find the supply has dried up.

Some say the mk3 do sit higher and on my mk2 when I went from worn g60 to new mk3 mounts the nose did come up a bit, but it squished back down to about the same height after a few weeks or so

5. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I have tried all and they are all average on a car driven for many miles, including trackdays.

Just fit a good quality OEM mount and you will be fine, if this is the first replacement in a few years.
    "G60" mounts and all that is a myth and MK3 , while they have better bearings just get worn over miles and start to rattle about when the front of the car is unloaded.

6. NateS2

@Toyotec I had already purchased the bushes and bearing hence why I wanted to go with Mk3 setup, however that is interesting advice!
    @rubjonny thank you for that! Turns out they are still available so I've now got 2 on order

7. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

It is advice based on tracking my car and driving it daily. It is the rubber bit on a MK3 top mount that gets beaten into shape over time.
    The others are prone to peeling off the rubber mount on cars that hit the curbs on tracks.
    If you just drive it normally, it does not matter.

8. NateS2

@Toyotec thank you for the info as always! On another suspension related note, do you or anyone else have any feedback on this thread: https://www.clubgti.com/forums/inde...ones-aftermarket-rubbish-or-maybe-not.265382/

I've purchased some Lemforder 10172 01 009 wishbones that are made in Poland, and they are of the the more modern type, being spot welding and having the thinner section around the rear bush. Again, I assume Lemforder have done their research and this design is suitable, but out of interest, is there a source for the type that have the thicker section around the bush?