MK4 2.0 engines

Discussion in '8-valve' started by veedubnutz, Jun 15, 2004.

1. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Now as some of you may already know, Im after a mk4 APK or AKL? head for my xflow 2.0T conversion. Now instead of fitting the mk4 head to the mk3 2e block, would it not make sense just to buy a complete 2.0 8v mk4 engine and blow that? Are there any issues in fitting one of these to a mk2? Do the mk2 gearboxes fit and can I use the std engine mounts?! so many questions!!! Ta!

2. mark25 Forum Junkie

the timming belt end engine mount is different to a mkII(you have to take it off to change the timming belt)

I have an LHD APK, PM me quick if you want some photo's of it in the car!
    M.

3. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Is it difficult to fit mate?

4. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Anyone else? [:s]

5. mark25 Forum Junkie

Here's the cambelt end engine mount, it stradles the cambelt tensioner. The mount sits on the chassis runner on the inner wing, sort of opposite the cambelt tensioner.
    [​IMG]

let me know if you want to see the mount or how this bracket is fixed to the block, at the rear????

6. mark25 Forum Junkie

by the looks, there are holes in the block to mount a mkII engine mount by the dipstick, someone will have to confirm thats what these holes are for though......

[​IMG]

hope this helps, let me know if you want any more photo's/info, but quick, as per PM ;)
    Mark

7. mark25 Forum Junkie

the gearbox top mounting is also a inner wing chassis rail affair. this is a piccie of the g/box/bellhousing to the front sub-frame from under the car
    [​IMG]

and my sig, for a top veiw!