mk4 2.0 X-flow plugs

Discussion in '8-valve' started by mark25, Aug 5, 2005.

1. mark25 Forum Junkie

Right,
    The bora's not been running quite right lately, even lumpier at tickover than normal and slooow. I had the plugs out today and they don't look right, done about 5k miles, any ideas?

[​IMG]

Not sure how clear this is, but the black coating on some of the outside flat just flaked off and was really soft[:s]

2. Seraph Banned

what doesnt look right too you?

3. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

Doesn't look fantastic, you could though a set of plugs in, but I don't think that will sort your problem, not with 70K miles

time for plug in from Vag Com ;)

Club GTI users

4. mark25 Forum Junkie

they look like they've been running a bit hot, the colours in the photo are wrong, maybe i can photo them with an old set and the difference will be clearer. Also the fine layer of soot is a first......

5. Seraph Banned

i personally wouldnt say theres all awfull lot wrong...ive seen much worse plugs on much newer cars tbh

6. mark25 Forum Junkie

cheers, basically, there's no deposits and the colour of the flat face look like it's been too hot, i can't get a better photo tho......

these ngk's haven't really impressed me, the new ones are bosch super plus yttrium, twin rather than 3 electrode, i will update as and when i think either is better......