MK4 Brake Servo and M/C in MK2

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by mercedeslimos, Jul 24, 2013.

1. murph81 Forum Member

My Mk1 is lhd so any hose over here would be way too long and theres not much room!

2. mercedeslimos Forum Member

Shane Hegarty keeps telling me Pirtek in Blackpool. I reckon you could get one made, even if you had to supply the MK4 line and have them use the ends on a new line, maybe a flexible braided one rather than metal.

3. murph81 Forum Member

Yeah its a braided flexi pipe I want, I'll look into that, cheers!

4. mercedeslimos Forum Member

I say give them a shout. What clutch master cylinder are you using? I know you have the TDI 02J so would make sense to use a matching pair alright.

5. Brugnello Gomes New Member

Hi. Apologies - am a newbie to this forum. I have a Corrado VR6, which I'm trying to convert to TEVES20 - and yes that means using a MK3 ABS pump/ECU, wiring etc - because Passat B4s - which use the clevis pin system - are simply not available now.

AFAIK there are now two options
    a) Take a Mk3 servo and modify it, remove the ball, thread the cone and shaft, fit a clevis pin and fit.
    b) Do the same to a Mk4 servo.
    Out of the two, looking at both, it seems that the MK4 servo is better built, less demanding on space.

Is there anybody who might be able to advise on the feasibility of fitting a MK4 9" servo onto a Corrado VR6 firewall? I do not want to beat out the firewall and fit the MK4 pedal systems. @Mercedeslimo - if I get this right - formed the impression - trying it out himself - that a Mk4 Servo, with its M/C could be made to work: all one has to do is cut off the ball, thread it to M10 x 1.5, fit the clevis pin.

Is it really that simple? Can someone who's actually done let me know what to look out for in making the mod? Any risks?