Mk4 golf 20vt track setup

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by EMJAYS, Sep 15, 2016.

1. EMJAYS Paid Member Paid Member

Has anyone got info on or experience setting up camber and tracking for track use please

2. Notso Swift Forum Member

Dedicated track? (Not on road use)

All depends on the tyres
    As much caster as you can get, 5-7 deg
    Around 3 deg camber, but you may want 3.5 if your caster is low
    2-4mm toe out depending on track
    Back is actually much more variable depending on driving style, and Spring rates

3. EMJAYS Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks for info thats a great start for me .the tires are federal rsr 215 45 17 .can the caster be increased by using tt wishbones and hubs or is there something else?.

4. Notso Swift Forum Member

Not really familiar with them so when I say depends on the tyre you will just need to monitor what they like, how they react so you get them into the target heat and pressure zone

Anything that moves the relative position of the bottom ball joint forward compared to the top strut mount
    Laying back the strut if you have adjustable mounts is most common, you can also rotate the rear wish bone mount out, but be careful you don't get binding if you do it that way, Superpro have an offset bush off the shelf
    I don't know if the Alloy TT/R32 wishbones move themselves the ball joint position forward, I have seen people who fit them put the offset rear bush in as "compensation", but I am not sure of the before and after measure

5. EMJAYS Paid Member Paid Member

I have got adjustable top mounts but for camber . What i can do is drill the mount holes further back is 10mm enough?

6. SeanGTI New Member

I've got a 9n3 polo gti with kmac adjustable tops for camber and castor, along with whiteline antilift kit in the front (and a lot of other suspension/chassis work).

My circuits are all right handed, so I run 3.5deg camber on the left and 2.7 on the right. I can't quite recall the castor, it's in excess of 4 degrees. Can't recall front toe settings, but also run whiteline toe correction shims in the rear. I had started with less camber but was chewing out the sidewalls. Without cutting the strut tops, I've maxed out camber on the kmacs... I think they are rated at max of 4 degrees camber.