MK4 MFA cluster in mk2 gti 16v 87

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by daffe, Apr 8, 2020.

1. daffe New Member

hy guys,i'm new on here.i Wonder this forum is rich in knowledge and helpfull:) i have a big problem, it could be Nothing for you lol
    i made an mk2 1.8t conversion and know i use the Audi cluster with MFI. Can i manage the MFI with my mk2 gti MFA stalk ? Could someone give the correct wiring diagram please?

1.8T MFI cluster have :
    - call up button-top display
    -call up button Bottom display
    -mode selection

MFA STALK have 4 wires :
    -red
    -white
    -black
    -blue

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

which audi is it exactly? chances are you can make it work, the 3 MFA buttons are switched to earth when pressed. I have managed to use a mk2 stalk to control a set of Porsche boxter clocks so I see no reason you cant get it working ;)

see my signature link for a CE1 wiring diagram which covers the stalk to cluster 'jetta89.pdf', I may or may not have the audi diagram depending what its from. if not I can probably print one

3. daffe New Member

hy rubjonny,
    Thank you for this reply, i was hopeless ….
    i have 2 cluster : audi 2002 A3 1.8T 180cv and mk4 R32 2003
    this is the R32 one in the car actually,can you give me his wiring diagram please?
    OK the 3 buttons are switched to earth but what are they exactly (functions & name)? what about R32's cluster MFI wiring? with names & functions, i could figure out what does it means.:)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  4. rubjonny

ok so here is the ce1 mk2 stalk wiring from the 'jetta89.pdf' in my signature link:
    Clipboard01.jpg

and here is the mk4 stalk wiring from 'g4aguecu....pdf' in my signature:
    Clipboard02.jpg

E86 is the 'call-up' button, and E109 is the 'memory switch' function. from memory the call up button has 2 positions so you can move forward and backward through the modes, so you'll just wire 1 pin to the mk2 mode button. I assume the memory button on the mk4 clears the memory, ifd so you wire it to the mk2 memory bwire. the recall button is unused (1/2 slider on stalk, you could wire this to the other pin on the call up button though would be a bit awkward to work)

5. daffe New Member

thank you very much:thumbup:

6. daffe New Member

hy, it be done with successfull.mk2 stalk correctly manage MK4 MFI cluster.:clap:

7. rubjonny

good stuff :thumbup: