My 20vT MK2

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Richard Mk2, Dec 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Yea i think i'll have a go at laying the wiper flat today. Seems pretty easy, cheers for the thread mate... :thumbup:

2. Richard Mk2

I Love This Pic. Looks mint!!!!! :thumbup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  3. Richard Mk2

Heres some more pictures of the Golf i took today...

I was well board(& skint Lol) so thought i'd add a few more on here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  4. Richard Mk2

Finally got around to putting the CGTi sticker in today too...

All good!!!:thumbup:

5. dan_1987

dan_1987 Forum Member

Looks very clean! You'd be surprised how a new set of number plates can improve the look too...

6. Richard Mk2

Cheers mate...

Yea i was thinking of getting a new set done soon.... I think the original ones are still on there, but still look good...

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  7. ihaveajetta Forum Member

it would look sweet without a front plate!!

8. Richard Mk2

A few pics from Ace Cafe Tonight...:thumbup:

As i'm off work all week using up the holidays i had left, i thought i'd get the car looking as mint as possible, so spent all day cleaning every single inch of the car, and it was well worth it... :thumbup: It attracted so much attention and had loads of people looking around it saying how mint it looked, which is great to hear and i always appreciate the positive feedback...:thumbup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Richard Mk2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  10. Richard Mk2

11. N/B

N/B Forum Member

Please, I'm begging you.
    Centre the number plate, on the bumper.
    The 1990s are over, and not due for a rehash anytime soon...

12. Richard Mk2

No, its staying there for now.. so no need to beg LOL :lol: ,. I'd rather the plate not be there at all,i ****ing hate front plates, but what with the Police and it being illegal an all... :thumbup:

If i do decide to centre it, it definately wont be on the big bumper... (I like the big bumper looking as plain as possible)
    Will most likely put it as low down as i can, probably on the splitter... :thumbup:

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  13. Richard Mk2

Bad news for the MK2. [:^(]

Its got to come off the road for the time being. The captive nut on the rear of the wishbone has decided to shear itself off inside the chassis [:x] What a pain! Also the heater matrix decided to blow up in my face.
    But as i love my MK2'S, ive decided to still keep it and get it repaired. Ive got some big ideas for it this year, will keep everyone posted on the progress, but its definately not going to be ready for this years shows. Which is a pain. So i gave it a little clean and polish and put it in the garage [:^(] :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looking sad in the Garage LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lately during the past month, Ive been looking for a new motor to get me about in while the MK2 is off the road. I had a 4000 budget to spend and couldn't decide what i wanted. I looked at a few lovely MK2's. One had a VR6 conversion which i was tempted to buy, the other was a standard 16v with 74.000, but i was after something newer, plus ive already got my MK2. I mentioned to my work mate that i was looking for a new car, which had to be a VW.

His old man was looking to sell his Silver MK4 1.8T. He had bought it new from Vw, was always garaged, had full VW service history and had 50.000 on the clock. I went around to have a look and i must say, was very impressed. The paintwork is mint and spottless, as is the interior and its a dream to drive. I had to buy it and with a little Persuasion, i got the price down from 4500 to 4000. So i bought it. Its a very quick motor and has to be one of the best motors ive owned, except for the MK2 of course lol.
    In the coming months i'll most likely chip it, full stainless Jetex discreet system, some FORGE parts and a Typhoon K&N.

Heres some pictures that i took this morning! Will upload some better one's soon :thumbup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Richard Mk2

Some more new Pics after a good wash and polish...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. eggmanpete Forum Member

your driver is almost identical to mine appart from debadged grill and wheels, mk2's are supposed to look like go-karts, not monster trucks ;P

16. Richard Mk2

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea im getting rid of them wheels as soon as :thumbup:

Looking for a decent set of BBS Ra's at the moment...

Have you got any pics of your driver on here then? :thumbup:

17. eggmanpete Forum Member

Not yet :( I'm waiting for a new grill and it needs some major lowering before I can show it off :p

18. Richard Mk2

Lately, I’ve decided to start getting on with my Mk2 project (Project GT) as I’ve had a little time off work. I’ve always thought about changing the engine, as it was definitely lacking in power, and I was sick of the unreliability of the pireberg carb. Which, as you know, can really cause you untold problems.

I have owned a couple of 8v GTi’s in the past, and as they were so fun to drive, I decided I had to go for the 8v Digi engine conversion, as it’s a relatively cheap and is an easy upgrade to carry out. So the search for an engine began.

As you may know, “R.I.P MK3” had a whole complete PB GTi engine and gearbox for sale from his white MK2. Seemed the perfect buy and was only half hour away from me, so I got in touch and arranged to pick it up last weekend. It was a struggle to pick up, as the only transport I had was my MK4 lol, but with help from him, his mate and a engine crane, it went in fine!(Cheers mate!!!)
    The only struggle was getting it out at my end, but we did manage it in the end lol…
    I also bought the complete wiring and Ecu, from Alec off here too.

Just shows, ClubGTi has the most helpful members!!!!

Here is a little pic of the engine, ecu and loom!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It Will be a challenge getting it all set up running properly, but will be well worth it!!!

I decided to unbolt the fan cowling on the weekend, as it was so rusty and was one of the things which was really spoiling the engine bay. I got it out, sanded it right down, getting rid of the rust and rough edges, and painted it black. Looks like new now. The fan itself was also discoloured and looked untidy, so I gave that a lick of red paint, which looks good behind the cowling.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While doing this I noticed my lock up was looking really messy. I found a lot of goodies whilst sorting through everything, some things i had totally forgot about buying lol. I will now hopefully get round to fitting most of them.

Genuine G60 Arches and skirts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Polished strut brace
    [​IMG]
    Mint door cards to go with the seats I bought
    [​IMG]
    Electric window Centre console
    [​IMG]

I found a few parts from my old mk2 as well.
    Smoothed boot, which is still for sale
    [​IMG]
    Mint Bonnet
    [​IMG]
    And an old GTi grill
    [​IMG]Mint door to go on too, as mine has started to rust at the bottom
    [​IMG]

My garage looks a little tidy now LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On Monday I decided to give it a quick polish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then started to strip the inside out to get to the clocks. Ever since ive owned it, the clocks have never lit up, so I will be changing the bulbs this weekend, most likely to a different colour.
    [​IMG]

Stripped the front end down too. The bumper needs spraying in the middle, as they are new VW ones, still all in un-painted black plastic.

[​IMG]

So guys, looks like my works going to be cut out on this. Will post up my progress in the coming months…

Watch this space!!!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  19. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

will be a fun project. how long you expecting it to take?

20. Richard Mk2

Well hopefully, im expecting to have it done in under a year, ready for next years show season.

Tbh mate, I don't really want to rush into things too quickly. Im gonna take my time with this project. :thumbup:

I definately want a detailed, tidy engine bay, with a few subtle engine mods.

Needs a blow over in the same colour as well, plus i want to get the G60 kit on asap.

I better start saving the pennies LOL :lol: