My daily mk3 is dead :(

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by deepdishtj, Oct 3, 2011.

1. deepdishtj Forum Member

With a bit of bad luck and bad judgment I have bent my mk3. blind bend, a van doing a 3 point turn and a bit of....well enthusiastic driving shall we say, and it's done. Took a gap that then closed,just clipped the van and rattled it through 50 yards of hedge/trees, not the best car in the world but I'm still devasted. roofs kinked and the n/s has shunted 2 inches back.
    It's alot worse than it looks in the photos unfortunately, but I've learnt my lesson needless to say, glad to of got away with as lightly. If I had of hit it head on i would of been lucky to walk away.
    Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mclannahan

mclannahan Forum Member

Bugger! Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Staying VW?

3. benthejettaman Forum Member

oops not good bud, when did that happen? as im sure i only at work on friday or saturday with it.

has alex seen it yet?

4. deepdishtj Forum Member

yeh ill be staying vw of course! it happened saturday evening i had just polished it at work in the afternoon :( dont think alex knows unless hes been on here. looking for a vento now i think. or if i find a mk3 3 door thats blown up! still gutted though!

5. RoryH Forum Member

Feel sorry for you man, looks like a pretty nice MK3 which looks almost exactly the same as my old one!