My girlfriend DJ'ing!!!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by RIP-MK3, Jan 8, 2008.

1. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

I have a record out and a 'booth' but I actually use that with a little surround sound speaker in mono for mixing out of the headphone's!!

So if i take the record out (phono) how do i get it into the computer as there are no audio left and right ports on my laptop???

2. Olly_P Forum Member

Your mixer must have a pfl for mixing with the headphones??? As for using the record out, find out what inputs your sound card has, probably takes a 3.5mm jack lead, then buy a jack to phono lead, plug it in, use adobe audition to record and away you go!

3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

yeah can mix in the head phone's but not regarded the best practice as some clubs the main speakers are so close/loud its impossible to hear whats in your headphone's without them turned right up which makes the ears bleed!!

I have an audio to jack lead, but only ever used my computer jack lead as an output??
    Will download *sorry buy* the adobe audition tonight and have a go!

4. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

damn right :lol:

never got on with cd decks, but then, i havent tried the cdj's or others with the plates on top to control them ala vinyl stylee.

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

Vinyl is not superior in any way, hence no one really uses them anymore unless its scratch DJ's....

I do like vinyl though and think it is easier to learn on them. We had a set of pioneer CD J's that were like an old club set up (CD decks separate to the controls) which just had pitch bend buttons and they are ok.... not very good though.

CDJ 1000 MK3's though however are incredible... I dont use them in vinyl mode but it is so clever the way they work..

6. shovell New Member

Just a quick yet cool request (this will be in your old skool catalogue) breath in and bounce, LIQUIDATOR by The HARRY J ALL STARS i'm bouncing as i'm typing this really will pick up any dance floor;)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  7. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

isn't mp3 a lossy format though?

8. Tall Paul Forum Member

But with vinyl you can 'read' the record and know where breaks, changes from bass driven to treble driven parts are and adjust your mix to suit - can you do that with CD's?

Vinyl is regarded as the superior source when talking in terms of 'High Fidelity'

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  9. coxo Forum Member

check out my setup on youtube type in dream fm

10. Mk2gti8v Forum Member

nice coxo. help us out with some sets.:p

11. coxo Forum Member

what do you need to no m8

12. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

pioneer mk3 have a graphic breakdown of the track, showing you where the beats come in, breaks in the track etc. not to mention memory cue's, seamless loops and stuff.

Don't get me wrong I love vinyl but every club I go to now a days has some old 1210's under a cover that haven't been used in months (by the looks of them anyway) maybe DJ's have just got tight and don't want to pay the for vinyl lol

13. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

think he means post us some so we can download and listen...

just checked out your set up its wickid, it that a converted loft?? looks awesome.
    Me and the girlfriend are about to get our own place so going to get the CDJ brackets on the walls and have some numark tt200 underneath mainly for me as girlfriend prefers CDs...

does anyone know how to post an mp3 that people can download?? I have been giving this mixing game a little go for the last few months and recorded my first effort!!! its not great but would like some feedback of people in the know aka coxo lol

14. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

join megaupload

15. coxo Forum Member

see your CDJ brackets mine are just lcd brackets with a bit off mdf screwed on it they where 20 each from sat solutions yes my loft is converted to keep the noise from going down the stair

16. Tomo IOW Forum Member

this is my production corner i made out of mdf, quite chuffed after a few beers and a jigsaw lol ,proper mess at the mo ,mostly down to vw parts every where lol

[​IMG]

17. Admin Guest

bloody hell thats a busy corner!

18. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

buying my girlfriend some new gear for her birthday, need some advice from some guys in the know on here if poss...

looking to buy her a

1. New amp

2. New speakers

3. New speaker cables

don't want to spend loads, the amp only has to drive the new speakers so was thinking about the 60 cambridge audio one from richer sounds...any good?

oh and it is going to be in our second bedroom in our flat so speakers won't be able to be played that loud, but would like decent sound for DJ'ing obviously. there are these on ebay, what do you think??.....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cerwin-Vega-V...ryZ69967QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem many thanks for any help

19. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

20. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

hadn't thought about that, cheers mate. they look nice just trying to find a place in london that sells them. prefer to actually go and look at stuff than buy on the web... am old fashioned like that!!

If i get here these I can have my surround sound amp back!!!! wooo!