need help please

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Michael Morton, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Michael Morton New Member

hey guys ive been reading alot of your posts and must say that ive learnt so much from all of you. i am struggling for a few months now with my mk2 jetta thing is that is was a 1.6 carb ive converted it to mp9 now i have the mp9 ecu, immo3 box, ring with coil , chipoed key and have swaped the dash with a 6n2 polo the mannagement also comes from a 6n2 polo i just cant figure out the connection between the immo dash and ecu i would like to know the wirring of the dash plugs blue and green( my green plug does not have a no.5 for w-wire but do have the can bus high and low ) please help me to connect the wires as I still want the key code to work hence i live in South Africa lol

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

assuming its a euro spec 6n2 polo the dash doesnt have the immobiliser in it, they have a separate box the same as a mk3 golf.

do you know if the MP9 ECU will pair up with a MK3 Golf immo 1 box? if so thats the way to go, find a matched box and chip then pair it to your ECU with vag-com. the problem with post-98 immo 2 and 3 boxes is even if the chip and box is matched you cant simply code it to your ecu with vagcom as you need to know the SKC code to perform this function unlike the older immo 1 box.

if you can retrieve the skc code then you can use immo 2 and 3 boxes, the only way to do this is to read the chip direct and have the code extracted so not sort of thing the average DIY owner can do. it is possible, but going mk3 chip+box is less hassle

3. Michael Morton New Member

not sure of euro spec or not. My ecu,immo and key comes from the same car. I just need to get the correct wirring order for the w and k- line aswell as whereto the can-bus wires goes that comes out of the green plug on the cluster(mine has no wire for K-wire) also ive read something about a "jumper box" my immo has only earh ,15, 30 , k line and w line no can bus option where does the k line wire go that comes from the ecu?? from where do i get a w wire to connect to the immo box? theres also pin 30 and 36 from the ecu that i dont know what it is for pinout diagram says that pin 35 goes to cluster but doesnt say the function thats about it

4. rubjonny

You run the ECU K-line to the immobiliser box input and then diagnostics output to the vagcom port. If it's one of those immobiliser defeat boards you wire both the ECU and diagnostic port wires to the k line pin

The polo clocks have no immobiser inside so no ECU connection just diagnostics output

5. rubjonny

Polo 6n2 cluster pinout:
    T32: (blue)
    1 - blk - ignition live
    2 - blk/grn - right indicator
    3 - grn/wht - VSS output
    4 - n/a
    5 - pur - fuel level sender
    6 - yel/wht - airbag control unit
    7 - brn/wht - common sensor earth
    8 - yel/red - coolant temp sender
    9 - brn - earth
    10 - blu/blk - oil pressure switch, high
    11 - grn - rev counter
    12 - blu - battery warning light
    13 - red/yel - glow plug warning lamp
    \- yel/gry - CAT warning lamp
    14 - gry/wht - rear fog light warning
    15 - oil pressure switch, low
    16 - rear lid
    17 - wht - main beam warning
    18 - blk/wht - left indicator
    19 - yel - ABS control unit
    20 - gry/blu - dash lighting
    21 - blu/brn - driver door contact switch
    22 - blu/red - coolant level warning
    23 - red - permanent live
    24 - brn - earth
    25 - gry - diagnostics port K-Line pin 7
    26 - gry/red - right sidelight
    27 - gry/yel - left sidelight
    28 - wht/blu - speedometer sender
    29 - brn/yel - brake fluid & handbrake warning switches
    30 - brn/red - ignition switch pin SU
    31 - yel - driver seatbelt switch
    32 - wht/grn - Emissions fault lamp or sidelight warning

T32a: (green)
    5 - yel/gry - EPS, only used on certain ECU codes
    10 - wht/blu - fuel reserve warning
    12 - bi-directional communication, aircon
    15 - yel/gry - EPC warning lamp
    19 - org/blk - CAN-HIGH from ECU or immobiliser control unit
    20 - org/brn - CAN-LOW from ECU or immobiliser control unit
    21 - oil temp sensor
    25 - reset
    26 - ambient air temp sensor
    27 - org/blk - diagnostics port CAN-HIGH pin 6
    28 - org/brn - diagnostics port CAN-LOW pin 14
    32 - mpg signal

6. Michael Morton New Member

Do i need the w line then?? i dint have a vagport coz i only changed the mannagement harnass like from ecu to all sensors , coil , throttlebody dizzy and injectors i dont need diagnostics on it i just want the key code to work i have the pinouts of the cluster plugs which helped me alot thanks for that if i take the k line from ecu to immo box then imm left with the w line on immo i dont know which wire to connect to the immo w wire i took it to pin 5 on green cluster plug ( wangled a wire in there) but still wont start

7. rubjonny

What part number have you got on the immobiliser box?

8. Michael Morton New Member

valeo6x0 953 257

9. rubjonny

OK that is an immo3 type box, is it matched to your MP9 ECU and do you have the key chip from the donor car as well? As you cant match immo2/3 boxes to another ECU unless you get the 4 digit code by reading the firmware and decoding.

Immo 3 box pinout:
    1 - orange/brown - CAN-BUS low - dash clocks T32a/20
    2 - orange/black - CAN-BUS high - dash clocks T32a/19
    3 - black - ignition live
    7 - white/yellow - W-Line to ECU diagnostics pin
    8 - grey/white - K-line diagnostics to VAGCOM port
    9 - brown - earth
    10 - red - permanent live

if the immobiliser box isnt matched to your ECU you could try a mk3 golf 1H0 part instead, if you get a matched box and chip this can be coded to ECU without the code though it may not work if your ECU is also immo 3

10. Michael Morton New Member

ok cool what pin on ecu is the w-line?? i dont have a vagport is it nescasary to connect the k-line

11. rubjonny

what engine code is he MP9 ecu from? on the AEX mp9 ecu its pin 29, grey/blue wire.

you dont need a diagnostics port for it all to work, but you should add one at some point as they make life easier when troubleshooting issues. you can scan the immobiliser too which will help if it kicks in and you're not sure why