New camera, new lens, new kitten

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by stella, Jan 4, 2015.

1. stella

stella Forum Junkie

I've updated my kit since I last posted.

Probably won't be eating for the next twelve months whilst I pay off my Nikon D750 - my first full frame and it's great. Also got an F1.4 50mm prime lens, so now I can take pictures in natural light instead of having to use flash - that extra stop makes a big difference.
    And finally, having lost my Siamese, Basil, last autumn, I now have a new kitten - Baz - keeping me company. I'd forgotten what hard work kittens are - lol. He's cute but so naughty! He steals, climbs, breaks things ...... the list goes on! But I love him to bits :) This is him with his Santa Claus coat on - trained him to walk on a lead, as my flat is too near a busy road to let him out alone.

[​IMG][/URL]Not going out! by VWGolf65, on Flickr[/IMG]

And my friend's elderly Labrador (did use flash on this one, as she is too frail to go outside on her own).

[​IMG][/URL]Labrador by VWGolf65, on Flickr[/IMG]

No idea how to lose the Flickr tags [:s]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Collie, blis and jamesa like this.
  2. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

Love the Facebook pics of Baz getting into typical kitten situations (tops of doors lol)

stella likes this.
  3. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Thanks - he certainly makes a good subject, as he's always doing naughty things! As here - a small Siamese bottom about to be spanked if he knocks my Art Deco clock off the shelf! lol

[​IMG][/URL]Art Deco clock by VWGolf65, on Flickr[/IMG]

4. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Pretty easy to remove em [:D]
    [​IMG]

See all the code ? You are looking for the SECOND {IMG}HTTPxxxxxxx{/IMG} (Square brackets not { ) Just copy that part, not the whole line :thumbup:

5. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Thanks, Nige - I did try messing around with it, but think I deleted too much code lol

Nige likes this.
  6. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Wow!!! That's the clearest picture I've ever seen!!!

And its of your pussy :thumbup:

stella likes this.
  7. stella

stella Forum Junkie

My lovely kitten has broken his leg yesterday :-(
    He leapt off the bench in the garden and his leg slipped down in between the slats. The x-ray shows his thigh bone is broken just above his knee. Have to take him back on Monday for more x-rays to see if the bone is starting to pull together, though it could also pull apart more. If he needs surgery, it is going to cost 2000, on top of the 400 I've paid so far. I hadn't got him insured yet, thinking he'd be safe in the house, and only ever out on his lead. Just goes to show how wrong I was.

So the new camera may be for sale very shortly. Keep your fingers crossed for him, that he doesn't require surgery. for his sake or for mine.

8. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Not so good Stella fingers crossed hear

9. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Thanks, Mushy :)

He's had another x-ray and nothing has changed - the bone has not pulled apart, so they are leaving it another week to check again before deciding if surgery is required. Fingers crossed it starts to heal before then.

He's in a kitten pen about 4'x2' to keep him immobilised and now that the painkillers have kicked in, he's going stir-crazy. I spend as much time with him as I can, feed the birds outside the French door so he can watch them and keep finding bird films on Youtube for him to watch on my iPad! But every time I open the door to feed him, he tries to escape! And we're only day 6 - at least another 3 weeks to go. Even been searching Amazon for more cat toys to keep him amused! It's going to be a long three weeks! :)

10. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Back to the vet tomorrow, where I'm hoping she is going to say the leg is healed and he can come out of his pen for good.

At present, he's allowed out for an hour today - providing he behaves, the vet said. I somehow don't think this is what she had in mind!

[​IMG][/URL]Pounce! by VWGolf65, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL]Baz - leap! by VWGolf65, on Flickr[/IMG]