New Scirocco sales?

Discussion in 'New Scirocco' started by Tall Paul, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Tall Paul Forum Member

Are any being sold? I've not seen a single one on the road but many at my local stealers.

2. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

with the way things are, no cars are really selling let alone 20+K sports models

3. Supercharged Forum Member

Tell me about it, I did 1500 miles in a UK press car to the Nurburgring and back in September, got used to seeing it everyday - lovely car and the shape really grew on me!

Since then, the only one i've actually seen on the road was near my local dealer being test driven... not much advertising either apart from the reviews in the motoring press which were all fairly positive!

We borrowed another one from the press office for a Scirocco / Corrado stand at the classic car show (NEC) and we couldn't believe the attention it got 2 months after launch, with people asking how much it was and when they could test drive - after the first day we went to the local VW dealer and picked up broshures and price lists to hand out to people!

Not sure if VW are missing a trick and i'd be interested to know what the sale figures are but VW seems to not be offering any discount whatsover on these but at the same time sell R32's for peanuts an completly de-value the R branding - really don't understand...

4. James_mk2 Forum Member

i've seen 6 or 7 on the road, and another 3 or 4 that have been brought to no-rice by people that work in VW dealers and steal them for the night :laugh:
    They look really good in the metallic red

5. Supercharged Forum Member

I hear what your saying but 20k isn't alot these days if you are going to buy new - Spec for spec it's cheaper than the Golf altho that will change next month when the Six launches (which the Scirocco is really) - god knows what will happen to it then!!

6. Admin Guest

i've seen one so far on the road.

7. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

We got a couple at work there doing 2k off just because they have got 17" wheels instead of 18".:o

8. Andy947 Forum Addict

I see one everyday. . . . on my drive! :p

9. WillG

WillG Forum Member

I've seen about 10-15 on the road so far, but I do do alot of driving.

Do they do a black one? As I'm still dying to see one in black! [:D]

10. Claypole Forum Junkie

What's the normal price as there seems a **** load for sale already?

11. garnetteyes Forum Member

A sales chap at VW told me that garages has been limited to the number they could sell before the new year.

12. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

My local stealer has sold precisely NONE since launch :lol:

13. paultownsend Forum Member

my dad had one from parkway derby when his ed30 went in for a service

14. yeha Forum Member

Just as a price comparison, if you know someone who works at Nissan, you can buy a new 350Z for 20k. Obviously this price reduction from 35k is a response to having too many cars and not enough customers, but VW is now in the same market place.

15. craggsy Forum Member

I went to pick some bits up from Leicester VW and thought id have a wander round the new cars. They had a mk5 R32 in silver that was nice. 2 Scirrocos one in blu and one in Black, prefered black to the blue and a MK5 GTI in Black all lined up together. I want one of them but E30 GTI tho. So was talking to the salesman about em all and he said that the 'roccos aint really selling well coz of price, but then none of the expensive stuff was. They had the MK6 in as well and I think its a deffo grower as was the MK5.
    I just need to decide if i wanna blow 20k on a car now, and which one?

16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i do loads of miles and have yet to see a single rocco on the road. only 2 ive seen are in my local dealer.

ive not seen any advertising for them yet tbh.

maybe vw love them so much they dont want rid of them

17. lufbramatt Forum Member

saw a black one when we were in wales back in sept but it had dealer stickers on the sides, not seen a "real" one so to speak.

never seen a Passat CC on the road either. however have seen 3 or 4 audi R8's.

18. paul_c Forum Member

I could have seen 20, but they just blend in and don't look that distinctive.

19. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

I've seen loads but I do up to 800miles a week in my van

20. Claypole Forum Junkie

Local VW/Audi group Gilders is cutting staff hours and they've taken a 20% pay cut according to the news.... maybe they might offer some reasonable prices for a change...