New Scirocco sales?

Discussion in 'New Scirocco' started by Tall Paul, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Isn't that because they aren't the GT model?? [:s]

I've seen one on the road. This evening in fact, a GT (unsure if TDI or TSI it was dark) in Blue.

2. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

No they where built with 17's due to a shortage of 18's. Volkswagen offer us the money off to move them which we pass on further to get them sold. Seen a fair few on the road and we do seem to sell them despite the credit crunch.

3. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Ive seen a few on the road, and even a mk6 at MIRA!!! the front I love but the back i still feel is lacking something... it may grow on me yet but who knows..... as for R8s ive seen ffaarrr more of them on the road!!

4. Armour

Armour Forum Junkie

I've seen two on the road, both white.

It's not a car i really like tbh

There is a red one with black rims outside the local dealer, i'll get a photo if i'm passing.

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i was more impressed when i saw a passat cc on the road than a scirroco, that cc is a beautiful car

6. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Those we arn't selling!:lol:

7. AndyG

AndyG Forum Member

I've only seen one on the roads, looked horrible [xx(]

8. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i did see one today whilst doing my 200 mile run back to essex. first ive seen ever, a silver one

not enough around though

9. Polog4tracer Forum Member

Saw a black 200bhp tsi model the other day, overtook me and thrashed it down the road, I so want one![8D]

Lol, saw a white GT tdi parked up looking rather meaty behind an Audi R8 in welwyn, herts the other day, even porker owners were giving double takes at them both.

I bet as soon as one of us buys one, then they'll see them all the time. I had that before my rado, never saw any where i live. Bought mine, then started to see them all over the place, lol.

Im saving up for one now. [:d]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  10. andrewchapple Forum Member

I saw two Sciroccos within 1 mile of each other in South Bham just before Xmas.
    Both of them that dark red metallic.

I also saw a blue one in the late summer with a ring sticker on it and press office plates entering the Listers PDI centre in Wellesbourne which sounds familiar....

I think they are nice, though I find something about the quarter panel/rear arch shape slightly odd.

I was told that they were offering 15% off in Nov 08 and having surfed Autotrader there are loads of new/pre-reg for 18k with at least metallic paint which considering list of 20k basic isn't bad though all have cloth trim which is harder to swap than wheels [:^(]

It'll be interesting to see what it does to mk2 TT prices as would you pay 19k for a 56 reg TT with 20k miles when you can have a new Scirocco?

As for discounting the R32s, the R32 brand is dead in the water, there will be no Mk6 R32 so VW just want rid of all the old stock. Pity as I think the Mk5 R32 is one of the best cars VW have ever made, it's such an awesome ground cover but the upside is what a bargain, soon be 10k!

Andrew

11. jamesa Forum Junkie

Agree with that `rear quarter` comment Andrew, really odd ... I was initially interested in them but not now. Had moved interest to the Mk6 R32 having had a Mk4, thought it was due out end of this year ?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  12. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

A guy I work with bought a black one just before Christmas. Absolutely gorgeous!

Barely run in and he`s planning on taking it to the Ring in the summer...:lol:

13. Admin Guest

saw a nice looking white one in Aylesbury last night, S18OCO

14. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Seen a few on the roads around Worcester.

Noticed Forge and Milltek had modded ones on their stands at Autosport, they look SO much better lowered/different wheels on them. Kurton's VW Cup car looked great too.

15. stu h Forum Member

I've only seen two on the road despite the mileage I do. There were a pair sitting outside Birmingham Volkswagen for 3/4 weeks before xmas without moving. One of them is still in the same spot.

I suspect the release of the TDI will probably help as people will be having them as company cars.

The Passat CC really is a nice looking car - I have only seen a handful of those about too.

16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i followed a passat cc up the m1 or m6 or m-somthing for miles. was a nice looking car actually. i didnt like the look at all when i saw it in the mags.

still only seen one rocco and i do millions of miles

17. andrewchapple Forum Member

Spoke to a VW salesperson today and she said about the Scirocco "they just can't sell 'em"
    Then I saw an ex-lease non-metallic black only half-leather 56 reg TT 2.0T FSI with 14k miles make 18500 at an auction (they are on Autotrader for 19k), more than a brand new 2.0T Scirocco and the 'rocco has magnetic dampers as standard, this TT didn't have them.

18. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

TT was 4wd and has an audi badge on it, average joe will buy more on these factors than suspension they haven't got a clue about

19. andrewchapple Forum Member

The Mk2 TT 2.0T doesn't actually have 4wd so I think it's just the badge

20. Admin Guest

saw two blues ones on sunday,

09 in Alyesbury and an 5 in Bedford.

looks good in that colour.