Non-DBW throttle connection

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by Fury Phil, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

Hi guys. I have been working my way through various threads and peering at every wiring diagram that I can find but still can't work out the pin connections for my non-dbw throttle pot. I see from the AGU diagram that there is a three pin setup and that it even gives the wire colours. Sadly I don't have an actual plug to see which colour is where. Can anybody tell me what goes where for the three pins?

2. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

Screenshot_20180123-195555.jpg

Here is the drawing. G69 and G88 are the relevant elements. I see the purple/black, purple/red and purple/yellow wires but don't know what they connect to in terms of pin 1, 2 and 3 on the plug.

3. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

I have just noticed that my throttle pot actually has 7 pins... I will upload the pictures when I transfer there to a computer. The part number is 06A 133 063 G and 408.237/212/007

4. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Have you looked through the files on Rubjonny's sig? It's got wiring diagrams for most.

Fury Phil likes this.
  5. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

The J338 VDO throttle pin out can be found pinned out in the "how to Megasquirt your 20v engine" thread.

Fury Phil likes this.
  6. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

Yes I did thanks Savagesam - a great resource. The problem I have is I know that it is a six pin plug on the loom for a SLC R but I don't know what my throttle pot is for. I asked the Audi importer to swap the DBW for a NDBW pot (it has never been in a car) and I now need to identify the seven pin connections of the unknown throttle pot... I also don't understand the symbols for sensors G187 and G188 (G186 is the motor and can be deleted).

7. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers Toyotec. I will have a look just now.

8. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

Fantastic thread thanks Toyotec - reading with interest now I have found it!

9. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

Hi guys. I am looking to delete the vacuum take off from the top of the throttle pot as it aids bonnet clearance and is not needed (no servo braked on my kit car). How does it detach?